or Connect

Posts by Viktri

Quote: Originally Posted by elliottchow I doubled majored in logistics in marketing, so at least we're a little different lol. I measured my shoulders again and it turned out to be 18 inches, sorry for the mistake. As my measurements are similar to yours, how do i look when trying to buy off ebay? (How do i compare my measurments? when do i know that it might be too tight or too baggy?) Where did you acquire that mani suit may i enquire and i'll...
Wow, we're pretty similar in size :P So what did you choose as your option at ubc? Btw how did you measure your shoulders? We have the same sleeve measurement, length, similar chest, similar waist although I'm not sure if we measured the same for shoulders The Park Aves 8 eee is really comfortable for my feet. The first time I wore them they were not comfortable but the 2nd time was much better. I wear them with orthopedics. It took me a while to get used to the snug...
Quote: Originally Posted by elliottchow Hello, I currently reside in vancouver, canada and am in the proccess of looking for a black sports coat (I like the look, irregardless of the comments), in which i can pair with jeans and t-shirt/ dress shirt. I have looked all over and cant seem anything to really fit normally. (I have ten inch drop and wide, big shoulders) Ive been to Holts/Harry's/H&M and other stores and cannot seem to find one that fits me...
Quote: Originally Posted by Maharlika When you go to London, Paris and Rome for your honeymoon, you'll notice that men DO carry bags. It's not unusual for men in those cities to carry/use them. It's very functional. Not everyone there drives a car, you know. When you go to London, Paris and Rome, do you see these men carrying bags with pirate scarves?
Quote: Originally Posted by Eason I recall some studies where it was found that HIIT and weightlifting, even supersetted, were incompatible as far as kcal expenditure. (weightlifting just didn't get close) I don't see how even supersetting could get the heart rate high enough and long enough for HIIT.
It's not much of an argument if you don't understand how people build strength (muscle) versus high altitude training, which is about restricting air-flow, which is about breathing and not muscle. The reason your example doesn't work is because climbing a hill with a heavier weight is completely different than putting on a mask. A mask restricts airflow which doesn't make your muscles stronger but works by making your body use the oxygen more effectively. Putting on a...
Quote: Originally Posted by kakemono Just a question: How long have poeple "worked out." I would think that the only reason poeple started working out in the first place is because thier everyday activities couldnt keep a healthy body. There was a time when people never worked out to kept a healthy body. A lot of mechanics, farmers, and factory workers are very strong and healthy people... and they never work out. My dad is 50 and has never worked...
adversity04, Please stop... Your analogy is not good because walking up the hill with 20 lbs makes you stronger. It's resistance. That's exactly what I mean by you didn't understand what the article proposed. We were talking about altitude training, not resistance training. edit: please don't reply with "we weren't talking about altitude training, we were talking about resistance training"
Christofuhposted a price quote of an $1800 mac that's as powerful as a $1000 Dell laptop with a mag case (search Vostro) =/ well, some love their kiton.. but name brand stuff minus the quality has never been for me. Quote: Originally Posted by Christofuh < Snort > I was told by a rep ( not some oily salesman ) from Apple that doing A/B spec comparison vis-à-vis retail price isn't appropriate due to Macs featuring a different architecture. Therefore...
but, in that case, walking is one of the better activities since it breaks down fat most right? I think the thing is cardio is a fast way to lose calories immediately. Lifting vigorously is good but even the long term effects aren't going to be as effective in burning calories than cardio for the same period of time. The time factor is largely understated - you really have to wait a long long time (imo 1-2 months before you see any change is long) to see the...