or Connect

Posts by Viktri

Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 Chan: issues with shoulder lines not being clean (slight bumps and irregularities), and back of trousers still not as clean as I'd like + stylistic changes (a little more shoulder width and lapel width) NSM: buttoning point too high, too tight at waist (pulling), quarters a tad too open + stylistic changes (take gorge a little lower and lapels a little less wide). I'm not 100% sure about the stylistic changes because...
Disability insurance doesn't really cover your wages forever. It only partially covers wages... (and that is assuming you have permanent disability, not regular disability) and the point was just that money = stuff in the future. Predominately it's just stuff people want to buy in the future or things they want to do. Quote: Originally Posted by MetroStyles I have a suspicion that this isn't really the reason that people are working for their money,...
Quote: Originally Posted by MetroStyles I really hate to sidetrack my own thread, but I find it very interesting that everyone that is concerned about unexpected issues that require a lot of money to deal with has ignored insurance. I am assuming most posters are aware of offerings such as disability insurance, health insurance, long-term care insurance, etc.? Sure - the poor cannot afford most insurance, but even if you are very wealthy it makes a lot...
Quote: Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard Some of the "intangible" benefits of money can become tangible issues very, very quickly if there isn't sufficient dough in the bank. For instance, you could certainly conclude that money can't buy happiness, that a life spent tirelessly in pursuit of money is a life wasted, etc. And you could determine, using such conclusion as a basis, that you would prefer to work a low-stress job at the cost of bigger...
Thanks, I'll go with that. I've done significant research in person & online; the data conflicts but I think (given what you've metnioned as a reliable indicator of recruiting in the absence of school stats) my IRL experiences may be a stronger indicator of recruiting. Regarding applications and references, what kind of weaknesses are typical and appropriate for a reference to list? Other than the normal people skills, time management,...
Quote: Originally Posted by suited If it's fully canvassed and/or bespoke, at least 30 or 40 years - hunting in it, sleeping in it, and machine washing it. If it's hugo boss, 3 or 4 wears, max. Maybe less if you paid full retail. I've got one sports coat that I wear to work everyday. I chose the nicest blue the tailor had, and it turned out to be a LP 130s. It must have over 400 wearings now and doesn't seem any worse for wear.
Seeking opinions: If you want to work in, let's say, Hong Kong, do you go to a local school for an MBA or Masters of Finance or do you go to LSE and get a masters of accounting/finance? What would be better for banking in HK in this ecnomy - local lower tier (MBA or Ms Finance?) or higher tier not local?
You run this site? http://www.leangains.com/ Quote: Originally Posted by Nathaniel72 There are a lot of non-believers and naysayers in here. I'm wondering why people would actually lie about it, or why people would think that. I know I'm not lying when I say mine is probably below 10%, I believe I was tested around 5% last year and I could be wrong, but that is a little different than lying. I also don't believe that you have to be an athlete to...
Quote: Originally Posted by spb_lady first variant actually we did it one day together with Matt... we've chosen a very local tea house which was crowded by people and we sat near the wall which meant that every time all the dishes were escaping faster than we managed to ask for them so we left hungry, but satisfied with a very weird cultural experience yeah, flagging down the cartswomen can be a challenge if you do not act...
Quote: Originally Posted by spb_lady I wasn't very successful with dim sum also... i'm a loser in terms of cantonese food Successful? As in "successful in flagging down the cart-person" or successful as in you couldn't successfully finish a meal?