or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by Viktri

Quote: Originally Posted by quar I enjoy the passive-aggressive exchanges between Foo and NYR. That is all. Really? One guy paid lots of money for pants. These pants are good value and but also expensive. He has no money and no pants. The other guy spouts off about business without knowing anything about business. Skimming his posts hurt my brain. The whole idea that bigger companies necessarily have poor customer service and bigger companies...
Quote: Originally Posted by M. Bardamu I have thought about this question too. My take on an answer: the right to vote is only bestowed after citizens 18 years of age or older have passed a civics/citizenship exam covering the basics of public finance, the Constitution, etc. Unfortunately that might exacerbate the problem. Currently, the system supports the largest bloc of voters. These voters pay less tax compared to high income earners....
Quote: Originally Posted by RedLantern I think you're both missing the point. I'm not defending the estate tax per se. I think its a dumb way to go about what its goals are. I'm just saying that it's not fair to characterize it as a tax on wealth. edit: havent we hashed this out before? I know pennglock and I have. You're saying a tax on wealth (equity, as it doesn't include income) shouldn't be characterized as a tax on wealth? I think I'm...
Quote: Originally Posted by RedLantern I mean, you know all of this, but it is not taxed if it is donated to a charity. If it escheats to the state thats not exactly a tax. Regardless, it can't fairly be called a death tax because death is not a sufficient condition to trigger the tax - only the transfer of a certain amount of wealth. Lastly, estate/wealth transfer tax cannot be acurately described as a tax on wealth, in that just being wealthy does...
The Elements of Style is a book that could help improve your writing. Too many people use unfamiliar and sophisticated sounding words incorrectly. Keep communication short but not at the expense of clarity.
Quote: Originally Posted by micbain Employers. I would use career statistics as a measure of employer perception of the program (whether 1 or 2 yrs).
Quote: Originally Posted by ChicagoRon More like .. if you are a widget factory, and widgets are made of wood and steel... It makes more sense for you to buy wood and steel than to operate both a factory and a steel foundry and a logging mill. Now, with vertical supply chain integration, we have learned that it does (sometimes) make sense to to acquire these companies later, but for different reasons and kind of irrelevant to the overall value of...
Quote: Originally Posted by ChicagoRon Read David Riccardo's Theory of Comparative Advantage. It doesn't make sense for everybody to make everything. In an equilibrium state, everybody will do what they do best and trade for everything else. While we have a big gap in technology, we enjoy more wealth than other countries. When everybody is caught up, the whole world is better off, including us... unless you are more concerned with winning than with...
Quote: Originally Posted by Crane's That's not true at all Ron for China. Everyone knows about Cat and heavy equipment. Not everyone has heard about Cat PA which is Cat's Chinese operation. I know all about China's heavy equipment/machinery market. A lot of what they use is homegrown. They import from Japan and Europe as well as the US. The reason why there is such a trade deficit with China and the US is because we (Western world) have set them up to be...
All my packages have come in the morning around 11am
New Posts  All Forums: