or Connect

Posts by EFBenson

I was in the shop last week. At least 50% of the shop floor was RTW menswear [not shirts]. Moreover the shirts that were there were in a narrower range of colours and patterns than previously. bespoke shirting is prominent now, though. there is a bench out for that purpose
  I bought this cap from David Saxby in Fulham last week. They have a surprising wide selection I had seen this cloth previously on the Intweed website, so knew it was a heavyweight http://www.intweed.co.uk/goods-for-sale/heavy-weight-tweeds/heavyweight-glenlyon-tweed-mill-cheviot-3017
I went in May or June, visited Tricker's and Church's, and ended up buying nothing. I came to the conclusion that if you live in London- as I do- you are better off buying bargains in the twice a year sales. I had bought shoes at Church's and Grenson factory shop in the past, but I am unlikely to return to Northamptonshire factory shops unless new reports of attractive bargains emerge.
having a jacket made in this tweed from the Porter & Harding Glenroyal book... tailor is Paul Kitsaros.
http://www.malcolm-plews.co.uk/portfolio/ the odd jackets are mostly worn with navy blue trousers in the above gallery
the shirt is not upside down in real life! I had a problem with the image import...
usually I would not buy a shirt with a pocket, but as I like the colour, and it's an H&K shirt for £30, I went for it... up until very recently H&K had two locations on Jermyn St. the larger shop was on the street itself, which it shared with Bates the Hatters, and the smaller one was in Princes Arcade. they have now vacated Princes Arcade, and Bates have moved in Everything in the large shop on Jermyn Street is on sale. I wondered if effectively this was a closing...
nice summer suit Butler IMHO if buttoning only one button of a DB, it has to be the top button, as in the first picture
I am planning to change the laces to ones the same colour as the upper
trying again with the picture displayed can anyone identify the maker of these shoes? designer is Manolo Blahnik, and they are marked Made in Italy thank you