or Connect

Posts by Louis XIV

Sounds promising. I have narrow heels too and tend to slip out of my Loake Etons eventhough the length is fine, so maybe 360 is a better fit for me than 019.
Does the 360 last have a narrow, regular or wide heel?
Price drop
Price drop
Vass does not cost 800€ a pair.Loake does a lot of things right, which is why they can be sure of business from my side.There are quality shoes that aren't goodyear welted.
Like I said, other manufacturers from the same price range as Meermin do get things like stiffeners, soles and lasts right, so those are not exclusive to expensive shoes.I could have compared the shoe to a pair of Loakes I own, but to me it does not make a lot of sense comparing a pair of loafers with a pair of oxfords and the Vass are the only pair of cap toe oxfords I possess.Needless to say, the Loakes beat the Meermins hands down.
Meermin Elton in Rapello Marron suede in UK6 pictured next to Vass F in black calf in EU39,5.Both have roughly the same length.Please excuse the poor quality of pictures, it's all I can get out of my cellphone's camera at the given lighting. [[SPOILER]] The toe cap of the Elton is pretty long, which paired with the chiseled last creates a snooty appearance, that I am not after.The Elton has much less of a pronounced waist as the F, which makes him look very unpolished in...
Received a pair of oxfords from the classic collection today. It took Meermin 60 days instead of the quoted 20 to bring them to my house. Elton last looks off to me in the small size that I ordered. Color looks darker than what I expected, could be caused by my notebook screen though. Workmanship looks decent for the price but the sawn off plastic sticks which are supposed to function as shoe trees damaged the top edge of the heel. Materials are horrendous, no way I would...
I've got the FS029 boot (SF boot) of Cheaney in UK6.5F and too have the feeling Cheaneys' lasts run long in general. In case I buy a new pair of boots from Cheaney, which I will probably do because I love the current one despite it being a poor fit for my feet, I would size down not only half, but full a size in length. Sadly Cheaney makes shoes in sizes smaller than UK6 only MTO. They quoted me a price of GBP525 for the FS029 in that case, which I am not willing to...
Does anybody know which factories in Spain (Five Pocket Corduroy) and Italy (Most of the Sport Trousers) produce for Sid?