or Connect

Posts by Howell31

I work sundays and mondays at IF in soho and we've had SS14 for about two weeks now some great stuff for sure. highlights include double layer, skirted shorts that fasten with little a buckle. i'd be surprised if stores like ln-cc dont pick those up too. thanks to rick owens it's a look that's kind of in atm. also a really incredible ramie blend double breasted jacket with the lining peeking out from the sleeves. matching trousers with elastic waist and silk tuxedo...
Hey guys, I got two jackets from this past FW in size 2. Both fit okay but are a little on the snug side for yohji. If there's anyone out there with the same piece(s) in a size3 looking to size down and swap for my size 2, hit me up! http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/men/yohji-yamamoto-peaked-lapel-jacket-item-10508592.aspx http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/men/yohji-yamamoto-wool-suit-item-10465874.aspx (this is slightly different from mine. it has a different fabric...
I bought the last two Yohji pieces atelier had in stock last week. the zip peak lapel blazer and the wool fedora with the black/white ribbon IF in soho will carry Yohji homme this spring and from now on for the first time in years. they had Yohji's 1st collection around 83-84. eventually, when the yohji boutique opened across the street they, obviously, lost the rights. when that shop shut down yohji still wouldn't sell to them, something to do with atelier or I dont know...
Has anyone posted these? http://www.elisetoide.com/
Hello, Can anyone explain Yohji's shoe sizing? What is the range? 1-7? I'm a 11.5 US or 44-45 EU which I'm guessing corresponds to the last size in the range? Thanks in advance!
Also, I know I'm a little late on here, but... R.I.P. Lou Reed. Lou and Yohji are in some way birds of feather in my book. Two of my personal heroes
Seen these yet? stumbled across this, made me vomit and laugh at the same time
I definitely cherish the role of imperfection, asymmetry, and naturalness in Yohji's philosophy. That's why I wanted a good second opinion... why I posed the question here. Part of me feels like tapering slightly would be hardly noticeable, especially considering it's already at 6.5 (rarely have I ever seen a taper past 7" on a "classic" trouser). Normally, I might dare to be so pedantic, but when it comes to Yohji, I feel like over thinking such questions is against the...
Hi! Nope, not the military stripe, just a heavy navy wool. I've tried just rolling them, and I'm going to give it a few more tries before cutting, but I'm afraid the the 36" inseam is simply too long. Normally I don't hem, but in this case I think I may have to...
Hey guys! I'm in need of a second opinion. Just picked up a great pair of YYPH navy wool trousers, classic style with double pleats. Waist - 16" across Rise - 14" Inseam - 36" Hem - 6.5" They've got a wonderful, severe taper; however, I'm only 5'11" and the inseam is 36"; so I'm considering having them hemmed which, in turn, will have the side-effect of losing some of the taper, going from an ankle of 6.5" to about 8". I am wondering whether to accept the wider ankle,...