or Connect

Posts by flylot74

Unless one is in a trendy industry: fashion, art, rock music, etc., it will mark the individual as "low level clerk" forever. Banks and financial institutions are notoriously conservative as well as accounting firms. one might get away with it, but upper level management who, is usually my age or older, will quietly and quickly disregard the individual regardless of potential and productivity (unless he/she is a real barn burner) and the career ceiling is immediately...
Have yet to come up with anything one either front. I really don't have time to look for anything, it must just "happen", all in good time.........
While I'm on a rant...... what are men thinking when they wear a backpack (especially if its electric blue or orange (?)) while wearing a suit? Besides looking like a nit-wit, they are completely oblivious of the appendage they have donned. If I get smacked by some ahole wearing a backpack when he spins about in a crowded airport one more time, I may just get violent!
Also reminded of the old story about the old couple who still admit to having oral sex. They yell "F*ck you!" to each other as they pass in the hallway......
I get compliments quite often from younger females even in the presence of my wife! I've even been hugged by them! I of course am flattered and my wife seems not to mind (whew!). More often than not, these ladies are with their dates/husbands as well! My bride and I both speculated that: 1. I am their father's age and am harmless (I'm just a fuzz ball at heart). 2. This is a not so subtle hint at their often shabbily dressed date/husband to clean up...
What was I thinking? Sure go ahead, take a snort or two, go on the date, don't be honest with her either. What a great way to start a relationship! I guess I'm way too old for this forum........ but, so what if you tell her you are attracted to her? Christ, do you think she's dating you because she's NOT attracted to you? So, don't be willing to convey what is perfectly obvious? What's that all about? ........... no, I think I'm right. I am too old for this...
I've started getting very irritated at men who wear their baseball caps (either front to back or back to front, it matters not) indoors, especially when seated at a dining table.
In my quest to waste band width I will admit to all the "faux pas" (sp?) of internet journalistic style. B4 I get started though.......... -Damn!......almost forgot the dash!
So why are you nervous? Could it be that you are truly attracted to her and that you don't want to blow the date? If so, be honest. Tell her. I'll bet she will be flattered and would warm up to you and put you at ease.......
There is an old saying that familiarity breeds contempt. Now I'm not going to particularly espouse that concept, however there is a phenomena about living life together and the sheer repetition of daily activity has taken the "sparkle" out of certain relationships. What most fail to realize is that when young and married, often control and financial issues start to arise, couple that with kids, and we now have a tense and possible hostile environment that can lead to...