or Connect

Posts by flylot74

OMG!!!
Luv dem wingtips!
Yes, pursers are responsible for duty free which includes receipts and security of merchandise, which can be a substantial amount of value. They are in charge of 16 to 17 flight attendants and usually 1 or 2 interpreters, depending of aircraft configuration and theater of operations. They also deal with passenger visa issues, the immigration/custom crew declaration forms and passports among many other things. They report to the Captain or a First Officer when the...
I am not sure about what stereotype you refer to about gay male F/As, but it is obvious to the most casual observer that a majority of male F/As are gay. That's fact and is accepted in the industry. Now, on more personal level, I (as well as many other pilots) fell that a gay male F/A makes the best purser (called the "A" F/A in domestic routes, the international purser has additional duties). I don't know why, nor do I care, it's just reality. They seem to be more...
The not getting in before nine for me kills company B. If you are aware of a character flaw that you are not willing to address or correct (we all do, some simply won't admit it), then Company B would be suicide in my book....... my $0.02
Stay in Narita and eat at The Pink Telephone.
My sister-in-law is an RN. My joke to her is that they are easy to spot. They have a belly full of ice tea and their ass is chewed off........
Quote: Originally Posted by dapperdude I'm somewhat (although not that much) surprised what you say about Europe. Surely the Europeans know that I am not my government? I would expect that attitude in France, but aren't the Dutch and Germans a little more tolerant? If there are places in Europe where Americans are particularly unwelcome, which would those be? I have heard similar things about Argentine women, too. It might be worth going just for...
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNWorn Is it that apparent that Cuban cigars are superior to others? From what I gather, it only fetches a higher price because it's prohibited. Why would a top Dominican producer not be on par with a top Cuban producer? I feel that a good Dominican is as good as any good Cuban. The premium one pays for Cuban's aren't worth it in my book. The Dominicans are Cuban seed anyway and I just don't feel its cost...
The problem you have is that like me, you have a blue passport. Because of the war in Iraq, Americans are not really welcomed in some places in Europe. People at times will just get in your face about it. just keep that in mind. American bashing is de rigueur right now. I'm not trying to scare you away, I just want to make you aware of the environment Americans overseas are in right now. Asia is quite different. To begin with, the war in Iraq is like page 6 below...