or Connect

Posts by flylot74

I am a big believer in if you like it, buy it. But I am curious of why this "pilot" watch interests people so. As a professional pilot, it's jut something that doesn't interest me in the slightest, not having any need for all those "features". We seasoned aviators (read old) recognize the only people who wear such a watch are "junior birdmen". Not a slur mind you, it's just what we call the younger aviators who go into our filed with wide eyed enthusiam and proud of...
Quote: Originally Posted by imageWIS Stairs are a good idea, unless you are on the 50th floor, then I could see how that might be a problem (although its great exercise). I hate people in the office building that I work at that work on the 2nd floor, yet take the elevator. Its faster to take the stairs, I’m on the 5th floor and I take the stairs most of the time. Jon. I'm gonna hijack this thread a bit and (please indulge me a moment) beg...
I find bow ties to be festive. I find at my age I carry them well with sport jackets and a fedora. Suits will ordinarily get a long tie, and I feel a bit more conservative in my persona. Funny, I'm starting to dress how I feel, and interesting phenomena.
Quote: Originally Posted by Thracozaag One word: Braun What he said!
I can relate to your problem. More fiber in the diet helps. Also, you will find over time that certain foods are more prone to produce the problem. I also have some bad news for you, it doesn't get better with age. Be aware of what you eat (and drink) and how it affect your bowels. Also, you might get a check up. Somotimes there are medical problems (sould be as simple as vitamin deficiency or as crucial as out of whack blood chemistry) that can exacerbate the...
Sidewalk rudeness has just pushed my button big time! Three younger folk walking down the sidewalk taking up the whole walkway. I am walking on the far right of the walkway approaching them from the opposite direction. I saw it comming. For some reason, today, it truly pissed me off, so I just bore down and ran into the guy darn near knocking him down. They yelled "Hey watch it!". I was so angry I told them to "F*ck off, don't hog the d*mned walkway". I had just...
Love rainbow trout, pan grilled ......... For beauty, the manta ray will work, graceful.........
[quote=shoe;729983] (I've lost 7 pounds already and my gut is shrinking, walking and lifting lite weights). Shoe, it may not be my place here, but I know when you got let go and I think if you lost that much weight that fast (unless you weigh over 300 lbs which you don't) is not a good thing, I don't think you're eating enough. If you are exercising, because of the increase in muscle mass relative to decrease in fat (muscle weights much more than fat), I think you may...
Quote: Originally Posted by Abudeeba As for people staring at me when I wear my fedora, well, if they don't like it then they can all screw themselves and and their dry-wall contractor sense of Costco sartorial style. Aw, c'mon! Don't hold back, tell us how you REALLY feel! I've never gotten a disapproving stare, but I have gotten many, many compliments when I were a fedora. I'm actually considering getting a dark blue homburg to...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mustapha I wish someone here would post a picture of themselves wearing an old fashioned blocked hat. If you want more pictures, go to Fedora Lounge a great forum for those that enjoy hats. They have a "what are you wearing today" thread as well. You might even catch my thread and a picture of me with my new Borsalino!