or Connect

Posts by kakemono

Heh, the line above that was the one about closing corporate loopholes... and BusinessWeek had an entire article on how to jump through the loopholes. honestly, maybe he can just read really, really fast...
The mall gains a nickname based on a known rough area... Hickory Hollow was the mall... now referred to as Hickory Harlem.
as physical as football hand-eye coordination like baseball endurance like basketball what isnt to love?
I remove my shoes in my appartment, but do not expect others to remove theirs and take no offense when they don't. When I go to someone else's house for the first time, I look at their feet. If they remove them, I will also. Sometimes I'll just ask them upfront. -kind of like beginning to eat when not everyone has gotten their food at a restaraunt. I try to do it, but don't expect anyone else to.
I grew up living in an orchard and asparagus grew wild around the edges of it. I loved eating it raw - picked straight from the ground... nowadays, I usually just steam it in the microwave in tupperware. Toss in 1/4 cup water and lay a layer of asparagus, mist it, salt+pepper, lay another wayer, mist, more salt, etc... then put in tupperware and crack one corner. Nuke it for 5 minutes and get 2 tbsp butter and spread around on top. I eat it this way about 2x per...
Quote: Originally Posted by NoVaguy Since you asked for it, and I promised to make of fun of you, you'll get your money's worth here: "Moron! You would have been better off voting by write-in for Chuck Norris, and then used the rest of the ballot to enter Chuck Norris Facts! But noooooo, you had to waste your vote by voting for Chuckie Baldwin. He isn't even a Baldwin Brother. Moron!" actually, in tennessee, write-it votes are not...
Quote: Originally Posted by NoVaguy If you really do vote for the Libertarian/Reform/Green party candidate, sit it out. Also, post who you voted for, so that we can make fun of you for wasting your vote. oops, i voted in this poll before this was known. I voted for Chuck Baldwin.
Where is the line drawn? A fellow teacher of my mom's got fired for sending an email to the rest of the teachers because one of their student's name was La-a. No one knew how to pronounce it. Turns out, you pronounce it Ladasha. What about that name? How about... Fidel? Stalin? Osama? Saddam? There is no way to draw a line... what about lemon-jello and orange-jello (actual names). Those kids are set up for failure, too. -there are plenty of people who did worse things...
I thought the Dark Knight was good... for a superhero movie. I only see very few of them b/c they are so terrible, but was dragged into seeing Dark Knight. I thought There Will be Blood knocked everything else's socks off from the ones I saw. Burn After Reading was very funny and wasn't caught by the high-school/will ferrel/adam sandler/peepee/poopoo/sex jokes that many movies have to rely on to assert their humor. I am curious to go see a few that I must have missed......
Quote: Originally Posted by SField The more money you have, the more you fucking worry about it, believe me. I don't know a single multi millionaire or billionaire who isn't completely fucking neurotic about their money. You'll never escape it if your life is ABOUT money. it depends on your priorities... i know plenty who are millionaires who aren't neurotic and didn't strain their relationships to get it. it is because they live sensibly. i...