or Connect

Posts by kakemono

I have lost a lot of weight - and it isn't by cutting calories. I've been eating better calories. Poeple at work who I are also trying to lose weight constantly come over and look at the calorie information of what I am eating. Dried Unsweetened Fruit, Almonds, Pistachios, Homemade Juice, Carrots and tell me there are too many calories and they can't eat what I eat. Then they go eat some South Beach Diet cereal bar and down 2-3 Diet Cokes and tell me that one day...
I use a Body Shoppe facewash (I think the seaweed one). Near the end of my shower, I slowly lower the temperature until it is cold while it is on my face. When I get out, I don't dry my face with a towel - I let the water just sit and run off or air dry. It seems to work well and I don't dry out
This is also nice because it may be hard at the beginning, but your stomach will shrink and you will become full quicker and thus it is something that will turn into a habit fairly easily.
Quote: Originally Posted by uhurit At the first symptoms, take a hot sit-in bath + the regular anti-inflammation lozenges. No heavy lifting/straining, tons of fiber, plenty of liquids This. I've also had to stash away maxipads just in case like someone else mentioned.
Quote: Originally Posted by ConcernedParent Honestly, the occasional female that enters my life is the only thing that's probably keeping me together. I don't enjoy studying so hard and don't really know why I do it- I don't know what will really make me happy in the long run and I just go down this path because I've been told all my life that it will. Ditto. I was always told I had the skill set to be en engineer. I slaved at getting my...
I had an engineering job waiting for me upon graduation. I interned and blew them away. I got the intern job just from a college job fair though. My roommate had worked in their shop through high school wiring panels and was interning so he suggested I talk to them.
Quote: Originally Posted by mikeman I really need to start reading more, what are some must read books? I, having cliff-noted my way through high school, grabbed a high school summer reading list and picked out some classics off that list when I made my first push into reading again. They usually do a good job laying a foundation. Frankenstein Dorian Gray Heart of Darkness They are a high school reading level which allows you to plow...
I've never turned my phone off or even to airplane mode.... just let it sit in my pocket. It doesn't affect anything. The law was passed before we had a strong grip on telecommunications and the effect of being inside the tube of metal. At least that's what I was always told. I flew about 75 times in the last year - no issues. Can openers are stupidly easy to break. Pisses me off...
I just wish I could find a quality can opener. My mother had one of the old crude style ones and she still has it - been strong for 20 years. All I can find in store now is the shitty ergonomic ones with monkey metal, plastic, and cushions that make me want to wipe my ass with it - not cut metal. Seriously...
I love fireworks. My family goes big and we get all dangerous with it, but its fun. This year, we only had 3 people get hit and two canisters blow up in the tube on the ground. Its stupid, people get hurt... but it beats the firework shows because you are a part of the action.