or Connect

Posts by Mark Stone

Okay guys! I did it. I went in on my lunch break and test fitted them again. I'll take pictures tonight and report back. However, unexpectedly, instead of feelin excited and happy, I feel extremely guilty for spending on these. To the point where it's quite upsetting. I got a set of trees and a matching walnut belt. The bill after taxes made me choke. We're taxed 15% here so it really adds up. But I got them anyway. So now I'm rationalizing in my head. I have a wedding...
Thanks for the tips guys. The concern here is that I have an even next Saturday, so I am quite last minute on this. Still, I want to make sure I don't buy the wrong size just because I am rushing. The width issue is difficult to judge. I'm not sure if my definition of 'tight' is accurate or not. The sides are not "stretching", but they are definitely snug. I just don't want them to balloon at the sides. As for the lacing, no it does not close completely. Before I made...
Hi guys, After over 2 years of drooling over Allen Edmonds Strand, I am about to pull the trigger tomorrow. This is my first pair of real shoes. I found a retailer here in Montreal and went to see them in person. I tried on a pair and I am officially blown away by their beauty. An old man who was trying on another dress shoe, walked over to me and asked me which ones they were, and complimented them. Then a woman with her mother smiled and made a comment about how good...
Thanks for those examples and for all the advice! Mr. P, I can only see the 2nd and 3rd images in your first examples. (tie and white shirt). What is the missing pic? I thought I'd update you guys: I got the job! Starting Monday and the dress code is business casual. I'm thinking of spoiling myself with a nice pair of shoes and a basic "starter kit" for pants and shirt. Not entirely sure what business casual is, 'cause the examples I see in google images are very...
Thanks guys. The interview went pretty well. We'll know just how well next week. I settled on the blue shirt, grey suit combo. I felt okay, but I really don't like how it fits. I'm not sure how it is supposed to fit. I remember when I was trying it on at the store, I could not move my arms forward or upwards. It felt like I was wearing a straitjacket. (I'm probably exagerating). The salesman got me this one instead, which apparently was one size up. So I dunno, how is...
Thanks guys, I'll keep you posted! I forgot to mention, the belt is black leather, with a charcoal/smoked rectangular buckle. Very similar to the belt below, without the letters :
Thanks a lot guys. This is exactly what I was looking for. I wasn't crazy about the shoes, but I didn't know why I didn't like them. They just bugged me. Now I know, square toe = no. Sucks, I will feel weird wearing them today. I have never, EVER had clothes that fit. I know I should probably have stuff tailored, but I can't really afford it at the moment. I've had 3 suits total, and they are all tight at the shoulder, and super baggy everywhere else. I have never...
Hey guys! This is my first post on here. I'll start by saying I don't know much about style. I have trouble following many of the terms in the posts I have read so far. I run a high performance car fabrication shop, so I do not get to dress up very often. I do think I can tell when something looks bad, but sometimes I'm scared to break rules that are not obvious to me right away. Over the years, I have aquired a 2 cheapish suits and a few decent ties, and 3 shirts....