or Connect

Posts by jstupple19

Quote: Originally Posted by RSS I own no designer merchandise ... so none passes through my doorframe. I certainly haven't suggested that 'designer' umbrellas are superior in any way. I'd imagine much would depend on the designer and who made the umbrella for said designer. Oh I didn't mean it as a comment on anything you've said. Just a simple observation on the quality of such items.
I would respectfully point to an earlier statement of yours which I took as insinuating as such, but I will not assume to know your intent, and instead assume that I mistook your words. Back to umbrella's; I borrowed (which turned into ownership) a collapsable umbrella made by Kenneth Cole a while back, and I could not escape the feeling that it was essentially the same as the ones by the door at CVS. "Designer" umbrellas will never cross my doorframe again.
Quote: Originally Posted by RSS As a WASP ... it's probably by instinct. I prefer to do things to the best of my ability. It's akin to working toward a personal best. I do it for me. I grew up with parents who convinced me that I could always do better ... not better than so-and-so ... but better than my previous effort. As a result, I compete with my previous effort. So then you would agree that, as I said, you do it to live up to a...
Quote: Originally Posted by RSS Prestige: Not to worry. All you reference are among the very best. Private vs. Public: I attended boarding school (either in England or New England) from an early age. However during my middle school years my parents felt it would be to my benefit were I to attend public school for one semester. During the years I was in school, NE prep schools weren't as diverse as they are today; indeed it was to my benefit to...
Quote: Originally Posted by RSS This is laughable. Among those who dress, the opposite is more likely to be true. Dressing to impress others is a sign of insecurity. Personally I don't dress to impress myself or anyone else. I simply dress well. But what drives you to dress well? Are you suggesting you were born with the innate ability to always dress well, and it is instinctual for you?
Quote: Originally Posted by Brian SD Neither Pool nor Spurs will have an easy time getting into the CL, but if Spurs keep Modric and Bale while bolstering a few spots I think they have a good chance. Liverpool can play very well under Kenny Dalglish, even with their current squad, which has several glaring weak points - literally no real left back, two CBs with big weaknesses, and no wide players.. I agree that if Spurs keep Modric and Bale...
Based on her willingness to follow-up on the plan you made to go to the beach, I'd say that one unreturned call isn't a bad sign. I sometimes leave emails from my closest friends unanswered for days by accident/procrastination. If she's talking to you, she's still interested, I'm sure. The hard-to-get thing is fairly common these days, so I'd definitely say give her a call.
A friend of mine who's visiting Central Europe posted a status today: "Long day at Auschwitz" Needs no explanation, really.
Quote: Originally Posted by RSS BTW, your current point is true only if you dress to impress others. That said, I imagine that many do this -- perhaps you included -- but certainly not all. Dressing to impress only yourself is a sign that you aren't yet convinced that you are impressive. I feel no different when I wear a tshirt and wrangler jeans than I do when I wear a suit and tie. I am always impressed by myself, as the clothes make not...
Quote: Originally Posted by RSS But open the watch, and they are quite different. I assure you. So what you are saying is that you don't mind a nice umbrella and you wouldn't give a shit if no one else existed? These are mutually exclusive. Yes, but how often do you flaunt the inner workings of your watch to others? How often, in a downpour, does someone poke their head under your umbrella to check the brand or quality. Some items of a...