or Connect

Posts by The Upright Man

Yes, there's room on top of my feet - however the sides feel fine to me. Possibly my duck feet...The shoes is still kept in place but I'm worried about excessive creasing. Of course, I don't mind a little (obviously unavoidable) but with the amount of room I have I get the feeling the shoe will look like it's been folded in-half after a few wears.
I can't speak for the 026 last but I bought a pair of Strands (capital last) and they have a lot of room through the vamp. I was actually wondering if anyone had any advise to solve this? I'm thinking a simple insert will do the trick. Does anyone have other suggestions?
"You don’t want to look like you just got off the boat from Naples. Anyway, the high-class dressers there want to look English." Pfft, typical pompous pom. Well done to The Armoury, seems like a great move.
What does everyone think about wearing brown suede loafers in the summer? They are an extremely versatile shoe but I can't help but equate suede with winter.
I can't speak for the fit of Vass F specifically but I wear a UK7 and any European shoes I've bought in 40.5 fit me.
Which brand makes higher quality shoes: RLPL or Ermenegildo Zenga?
I wouldn't worry about it. Maybe try to find some that are very plain and white. With jeans they should look fine.
Quote: Originally Posted by fxh A jacket like the brown check is surprisingly versatile - works with a tie or more casual and it also works with lot of different coloured pants. In fact its hard to find a colour of pants it doesn't work with. Even works with navy pants - when not much else does. Brown jackets pick up brown shoes nicely too. And whats more not everyone has a brown jacket (or 4 in my case) All good points and exactly the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Journeyman Upright Man, that is good to hear. The bloke who runs Deerstyle is a lovely person who will be able to have a good talk with you about various patterns. He's got quite a few fabric samples on hand for you to have a look at - hundreds, in fact. So as to narrow down your choices, have a think about what you actually want to use the jacket for. Do you want it to be a bit more formal? If so, then something in a...
Hey everyone, I'm considering my first MTM SC at deerstyle in Brisbane. To be honest I have no experience in this kind of thing and was wondering if anyone can suggest which kind of cloth is a good choice for a spring/summer SC. I'll obviously have a chat to the guys in the store once I'm in there but it would be nice to know other peoples experiences with different cloths in a humid climate. I was thinking some sort of linen but I'm afraid that this kind of look is quite...