or Connect

Posts by faustian bargain

i bought one of these, little xmas gift for the family: Panasonic - TH-42PH9UK need to get a table stand for it though. i don't like the curved one - looking for the (discontinued) rectangular one to show up on ebay.
Quote: Originally Posted by lefty Serge Mouille Floor Lamp... lefty that's a sweet lamp. keep it away from my kids.
reto, of the pmwf.com website, has a pretty big selection of mechanical and automatic seikos available, at what look to me like reasonable prices. check out the Seiko 5's; some of them look good to me. There are even a couple models that approximate the look of a Grand Seiko. /andrew
Quote: Originally Posted by JBZ And in space, no one can hear you scream. Before I vote, I need further information regarding what kind of refreshment would be available to me in space. i too am wondering about what comparisons might be made between the 'amenities' offered here on earth versus the 'refreshments' out there. 'cuz, you know, there are amenities, and then there are amenities.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim And space ships (and lasers) are completely silent, since there isn't enough atmosphere to transmit soundwaves. George Lucas lied to you all! lucas is a big poser who never even went to outer space. sloppy research, is what it is.
Quote: Originally Posted by JLibourel .... There were also specifically Christian Archie comics sold at religious bookshops. ... that fact alone turned me off of the archie comics for good. i find it ironically amusing yet almost yawn-inducingly predictable that archie comics should be filled with (unintentional? latent? freudian?) sexual innuendo. give a 'naive' repressed evangelical a brush and he'll paint you a lurid picture of his...
no, but first time i've felt three in one week. a little spooky. *** edit: also, apparently all three were centered at the same place, about 1 mile from my house.
my 90+ year old grandmother is pretty tech savvy, so a couple of us are giving her a little digital pictureframe keychain. a regular tabletop digital frame would be nice too.
crap, and it's not even world series time. ...waiting to find out the magnitude of this one. the one earlier this week, i was on BART so i didn't feel it.
RIP peter boyle. one of the great ones.