or Connect

Posts by faustian bargain

Charlie Don't Surf!
transformers. *snort* gundams could kick transformers' ass any day. anyway, i think i'm a little older than their target demographic. there's no nostalgia factor for me, which seems like it would be the only reason to watch. maybe for my brother, who is 8 years younger. **edit: if my name were "Shia LaBeouf", i think i would change it.
so i guess boise won, eh...judging from the noises my midwestern father-in-law is making downstairs. all that fuss for a bowl of nacho chips.
Brian's amazing bird video reminded me of this one I saw recently - the swiss guy billed as Jet Man. Pretty neat. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEXxkWXncuo Apologies if this is old news. It's new to me anyway.
similarly, i've known of guys who pretend to be something they're not, just to attract a female...
Quote: Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque That stupid BP logo reminds me of a not so stupid logo: actually, i prefer the bp logo. the green party one looks amateurish. (which, if i were an asshole, i would say it suits. but i'm not, so i won't. )
Quote: Originally Posted by j Dear Vaclava, It's likely you've already heard, but if not, I hope to be, the one that introduces to you, the band Flaming Lips. Your thread title made me think, you would enjoy their album, Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots. Best wishes for the season, J. let 'em know you realize the sun doesn't go down-- it's just an illusion, caused by the world spinning 'round.
i'm thinking, in the weightlessness of outerspacitude, it might be worth it to try the vaporized alcohol inhaler. no chasing after rogue blobs of liquid with a straw, floating across the space lounge.
you know what else is cool? Ask Metafilter.
re. oversinging: see 'Mariah Carey'. listening to the lead singer from Third Eye Blind made me want to punch him. and then send him to a speech therapist.