or Connect

Posts by gregornz

So true!
As the actress said to the bishop.
I would say be careful basing sizing on other brands... just get measured so you know for sure. I sent Bakers my length and ball-circumference... that was enough for them to get it spot on.
If I bought the boots as work wear I would be much less worried about markings, and much more worried about wonky heels. I bought them as dress boots, so the heels don't bother me too much, the stain does. On a related note, I told Kyle not to send an exact copy of those boots, but he insisted. Now I have two pair... I could never bring myself to throw away a perfectly functional pair of whites...
I got this email from Kyle today:I'm very happy, and this is exactly the response I expected to Bakers and White's, so good on them!
Just to be clear, I don't think White's quality is falling apart. Sometimes they make mistakes, as everybody does. My point is that I am paying a premium for a premium product, while I can expect mistakes to happen, I also expect them to be fixed, preferably before they reach the customer. The thing that really pisses me off is not the deviation in the heel height. That, while troublesome, is easily fixed and a sign of handmade boots, to an extent. What really gets me, on...
Thanks for the support everyone. I don't want to rashly attribute blame, mistakes are going to happen and nothing is perfect all the time. Having said that, we are paying here for a vision of the best, and that is what we expect. My situation is that I work in a business casual environment and have been wearing the one pair of boots everyday for the last 3 weeks, like a dick, and not being able to wear half my clothes because they don't work with that pair. I'm simply...
^ Compouding the issue is that A) this pair is already a replacement for the last order that Bakers got wrong, B) They knew I was on a tight timeline to get these replacement pairs, but still put me to the back of the queue when they were made C) I asked and double asked that they do some quality control (hence the sneek peek photos) D) I already spent what most people spend on on shoes in the first place to send the erroneous pair back to Bakers, express all the way from...
I'm pretty pissed off with this orange stain on the side of the boot. It sticks out like dogs bollocks once you notice it. I guess the orange is a glue... you can see some of it on the lining at the top here too. Not very happy with this discolouration in the dress brown either.