or Connect

Posts by gregornz

I have two pair that are lined. I just wonder what the sensation would be like without it. I find the lined pairs to be quite smooth and slippery, which is not necessarily an advantage... I guess that an unlined pair would have a feeling of a more rugged working boot, which could be quite satisfying.
Hi Guys Can I have some advice about lining? With leathers that don't require a lining, what are the general advantages and disadvantages of lining? What are the fit and feel characteristics, particularly of an unlined pair versus a lined pair? Thanks!
This is a question from a man who is about to get boots that don't fit right!Please, measure your feet and send the numbers to orders@bakershoe.com. They will tell you how big your foot is in relation to the lasts that Whites use.It's a good question Beane, but people with experience with Whites will understand me when i ask, really, what does true to size even mean in this context? The lasts that boots like Whites use bear such little resembalance to the numbers...
Thanks for the input peeps. I've decided to go with the yellow backstsay and toecap... We'll see... Edit: the two leathers I've liked the most from the samples I've got; black bison and red dog bullhide. The black bison is the softest and thickest they have.
Hi @Warpiper! Don't White's have a guaranteed fit policy? Or is that only Baker's? Why don't you ask them?
Thanks for that feedback CityofChamps! I made them up on buildaboot too, but could never get the picture to show. It does look here like the back stay is weird; is it based on this that you recommended against it? Or something else?Does anyone else want to advise on the build before I confirm it? I'm easily influenced and have unhealthy respect for authority, so now's the time!
I just requested Kyle to request it
I'm pretty sure this is Louie again. Set to ignore. Louies Dead, loing live Louie! But seriously, this is great news. The best thing about this thread is how polite and helpful everyone is, so go us!Just pulled the trigger on two new pair, one for me, one for the wife. I'm just finalising the details with Bakers, but it should be something very like;Dress packer on the 795 last. Raised cuban heel and half sole, brown midsole with close trim, dark brown water buffalo vamp...
Voyager leather (waterproof) is pebbled. There is also a french calf pebbled...
I just got a massive pile of samples, which had every leather them have except harvest, the one I wanted! I'm thinking it would be good with distressed!