or Connect

Posts by Teen_Suit_Wearer

Quote: Originally Posted by in stitches never heard of it, and im a pretty hard core brand whore. sorry if this sounds harsh, im not saying there is anything wrong with the suit, but from the name and the look of the label it seems to be an off brand trying to sound italian. if it fits you well and looks good dont worry about the brand too much, if you can learn this lesson early it will do you well. That makes sense, it is probably generic. The...
bump, sorry...anyone know about the brand?
Has anyone heard of a brand called Manzetti? I recently found a used suit with that label. I searched for it online, but couldn't find anything. All I know is that it's made in USA.
Quote: Originally Posted by Threadbearer You were great in Bugsy Malone, kid. Just great, I tell ya. (Sorry, couldn't resist.) Seriously, though, it's great to see someone your age trying to work a look that doesn't involve baggy shorts that hang down to his butt crack. I throw my vote in with those who've advised you to swap out suits for SCs and blazers (just for the time being, that is) and to move away from the gangster vibe. An easy way to...
Quote: Originally Posted by kevinsp8 The time will come when you have outgrown the suit, whether literally or metaphorically. In the meanwhile, alterations can usually be undone. Alterations can usually be undone? I had no idea. Now I just need to figure out how much alterations will cost... Oh, and also, I have two scraps of fabric that came with the Joseph Abboud suit. That should help.
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Classter nice to see some new posters up in here. Teen_Suit_Wearer and others, welcome, keep posting, and don't let your first reaction to the responses be to get pissed and slink off. Seriously, think about what's being said and work with it, it's all good stuff that's in your interest. Teen_Suit_Wearer specifically, Luftier and others hit the main points there already. Thanks! I don't really see a...
Quote: Originally Posted by kevinsp8 With a white shirt and dark (e.g. navy) suit for a formal look. Oh, and speaking of ties, try to tug on that sucker a bit and get some dimpling going. Hmm...I'm really not sure how to do the dimpling. Any advice on that?
So you'd consider it socially acceptable to wear sport coats and tucked shirts, in high school? I'm really glad to hear that...I was afraid I would have to stop dressing like that from time to time. I'm actually known for how well I dress. So I have a pair of black, pinstripe dress pants, and I think they're really stylish/sharp looking. Could I wear these, a dress shirt and a sport coat, and not look "stuffy?" I would lose the jacket, but I'm afraid to wear a tucked-in...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mrshinyredplanet Teen_Suit_Wearer - I'm 16, and I would strongly suggest against buying extra suits while you are growing and i'd also advise to get your current suit tailored. You'll be dressing a little uptight probably, in comparison to your peers. Instead, if you want to look well dressed but not stuffy, go for things like blazers and chinos (that is, if you don't have them already). But yeah, shoulders are too padded,...
Ah, I see what you mean, it does look pretty silly. A lighter shirt definitely works better with a suit. As for the shape, I would get it tailored...but I'm sort of afraid to do that until I stop growing. The suit is by Richman...Strathmore. I probably would have gone for the 6x2 configuration, but they didn't have any when I bought it. Anyway, I appreciate the advice! Haha, the sting hurt a little...but at least you're being helpful. And Maccimus, my father absolutely...