or Connect

Posts by Henry Boogers

Quote: Originally Posted by A Harris I can't believe someone hasn't hit the BIN... I'm debating. I would think I could recoup my $$ if they don't fit wouldn't you think?
Sold pending payment.
SOLD These are in queue for Ebay, but I thought I would offer them here first. I'm not familiar with Pidalian conversion but these have very little wear on them as you can see from my crappy late night flash photography. I found this shoe rather sleek for AE, but also pretty true to the 10D sizing so they are a little too small for me (I wear 10.5 Chester and a 10 Park Ave for reference). The color is listed as burgundy, but I included a picture next to a pair of...
These are new and look to be vintage J&M's from the 'President's Collection', with which I am not familiar. Does anyone know if these will be calf rather than CG? 7 hours left w/o any bids and the opening is at $15....
Quote: Originally Posted by NoVaguy indeed, that is what confirmed it for me. but it's pretty clear from the upper as well. but keep in mind that there are a number of special orders floating around with the combination heel and shell cordovan stamp that are clearly NOT shell cordovan. Fortunately those are sold directly from the AE store, so their descriptions can be trusted and they always specify the material.
I believe Campanile either used to, or still does, occupy a wide range on the quality scale. I've seen some mediocre shoes on Ebay and others like...well....these! Just a word to the wise that the name Campanile may not automatically mean high quality. Hopefully someone more knowledgable can either substantiate my impression or suggest that perhaps I just saw a number of well worn or hideously designed shoes.
Quote: Originally Posted by nerdykarim My pair was brand new at $28 (~1 year ago). I think it's possible--old Florsheims are likely to be poorly listed in my experience. BINGO!! I just bought a pair of the black pebble and the shell cordovan longwings for $45....for both. Some completed auctions: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=018 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=006 Active, but an odd...
Quote: Originally Posted by Teacher You got those for 35 bucks??? Please, please tell me they aren't US8.5E or 9D. If they were not brand new this wouldn't suprise me one bit. The shell versions go 3-digits on Ebay (used) but the calf versions can easily be had for under $50.
I just tell my tailor "my boys are getting vertigo in these for crying out loud" and he knows what to do. As with all alterations, he charges me $8.
"Department store return" AE Park Ave's in black size 10D ....and 10.5D for $59.99 BIN....yellow flag on sellers feedback. These would go a good bit higher in this condition without the BIN, so if you're just starting out and don't want to spend to much or don't want to dabble in heavily worn shoes this might work well for you...