or Connect

Posts by Henry Boogers

Quote: Originally Posted by shoe some say this is the deal of the century... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=300162539918 only 99cents with ONLY 6 days and 23 hours and 55 minutes LEFT!! HURRY!!! Awesome. Now how about you end the auction and sell to current high bidder.
Quote: Originally Posted by Dewey Would you recommend a particular neutral wax for this purpose, or will any neutral wax do as good a job? I've heard not to use neutral polish on shell but I'm not sure why that is. Based on my negative experience with neutral darkening light colored shoes I've now become convinced to just steer clear of the stuff. I've been happy with using a polish of the same color as the shoe and didn't see much of a need...
Quote: Originally Posted by mizanation but, that doesn't remove the underlying gunk, though, right? what if the polish is the gunk? Depends on what you mean by 'underlying'. If there is a dye issue then you might be SOL. If the issue is polish build up then the solvents in the new polish will dissolve the old polish as well and you can buff them clean. As I mentioned, this will take a fair bit of elbow grease to accomplish.
Quote: Originally Posted by shoe thanks , i believe that as well. many others have told me that . but each time i want to keep it simple , more and more thoughts come out that " i have to put in here" and i just end up with a whole description like that. same as my pms to lot of you, my responses are so lengthy, that is after the fact. never i plan to go lengthy As a seller I know what you mean and have recently implemented a style...
Quote: Originally Posted by mizanation how do you remove the gunk? Cordovan colored polish and a ton of elbow grease. A TON.
Quote: Originally Posted by Get Smart what's the negative to polishing cordovan more than recommended (which is like 1-2x/year?) I polish mine more often than recommended, but I am very careful to use a lot of elbow grease to avoid layers of polish building up and obscuring the natural beauty of the shoe. I've purchased used corodvan shoes where the owner has made this mistake and the shoes looked 100x better after all of that gunk was removed.
That's unfortunate. I would sell it to whomever purchased those shotgun blast brogues that I saw a few weeks ago....
I chose the first option, though I don't really like your combination of the degree of increase and the assigned cause in one choice with the second option. I think mine are somewhat higher and I'm pretty certain the weak dollar is the cause.
On the shoes...it looks like someone was a bit sloppy with the edge dressing, but this can be easily removed. For this low price a little elbow grease isn't too much to ask of a buyer....
It's brilliant/B.S. - were this a real letter with someone he seems to know well then stating that the prosthetic was for 'the ole leg' would be unecessary since they should pretty well know what it was for. If you think I may be wrong and this was for an Ebay transaction you should definately pull all of your Heather Mills jokes out for the feedback. You know.. "soandso has a leg up on his competition...." "I'm stumped as to how long this took...." etc...