or Connect

Posts by Romain

Probably that, I think French tailoring is also in the shadow of its feminine counterpart, the Haute Couture. Besides I don't think there are mega-famous French brands that could be "ambassadors" of French style (like RL for the US, Armani for Italy, etc.)...However, French tailoring, and more generally French "menswear" is quite renown amongst former colonies in Africa. For example, many Presidents/rulers have their suits made by Parisian tailors.
I don't have it right now, I'll check when possible. I think the stripes are 1mm wide and spaced by a little less than 1cm.Ahem, I've been modestly trying (mostly with bad smartphone pictures) But yes that's the interest of this thread, French tailors don't really communicate online and, since we don't have a French pitti (I mean with the same coverage), there's no French style hype, like there has been for the South Italian style, but maybe that's for the best...
Sounds impressive indeed! I would love to see that, because I am not a fan of some of his lapels (from what I saw on his facebook page).
Mafoofan, I don't believe the fishmouth lapel is part of the current Cifonelli signature.I started a thread about her a few months ago : http://www.styleforum.net/t/300803/la-camicia-con-lanima-mary-frittolini-bespoke-shirts
Hi Dirnelli, I believe it is actually called a fishmouth lapel You can see many variations of this kind of lapel here, from C to H (french text, sorry): http://stiff-collar.com/2012/05/28/les-revers-parisiens/
Actually, I believe that "kissing" buttons means overlapping buttons, and it is rather a style choice than a sign of quality.
These balmorals look great Mafoofan! And I don't find the inside seam disturbing, I think it's a common thing (but not as common as a back seam).If I remember well, he asked me whether I preferred to have the seam on the inside or the back (refused to make it seamless), and I chose the back :Whoa, if I knew, I would have pressured for a seamless back instead!..
Yes, I'm curious too.Why do you think the Lobbs look "more bespoke" than the Cleverleys?
Thanks for your answer! I see what you mean.
Dirnelli, how would you compare di Fiore to Suzuki, or to the other tailors you've met?