or Connect

Posts by Huntsman

Mint chocolate brown size 'L' (as labeled) Ralph Lauren Polo blazer. Jacket is half-belted, has a throat latch, gusseted shoulders and leather-wrapped buttons. Condition is pretty much perfect, with no wear to the collar or cuffs (which shows up easily on corduroy), or any sign of ever being worn. Color is a perfect chocolate with perhaps a wisp of olive. $75+ actual shipping.
A real find for a change! RL Polo Corduroy jacket in a nice chocolate, with throat latch, half-belt, and gusseted shoulders. Only unfortunate that it is an L and I am an M, because I would wear the heck out of it.  
I am not a fan of DC cocktail bars, and honestly, the DC restaurant scene -- a lot seemed to be about surface without substance. Columbia Room was austere and antiseptic, PX uninspired (which suited the uninformed and uncaring clientele the days I was there), Jack Rose had a great selection but the cocktails were meh. Only the Gibson shone for me.   Incidentally, I've never had a great Blood & Sand, either.   ~ H
Don't recall. They were too beat up. thought about getting one for the buttons though.
Somewhere in the book they indicate they 'fell in love' with sherry in, I think, 2009. I've been to Death four or five times, all before then, and I remember the drinks being very good, especially the Cure for Pain and the Winchester. I made the Flor de Jerez with some Dry Sack on hand for cooking, and it was a little meh until the apricot ratio was upped a little, then it became very good. I love modifiers and find that I often like drinks a little modifier-heavy, but...
As much as I have been enjoying the Death book, I am starting to think it is a little too fussy, with all of its focus on infusions and tinctures and such. Also, while I think the drinks I've made from the book are better than, say, from the PDT book, I also think that they aren't that good. Or maybe I have picked them wrong. Anyway, I totally riffed off of the Coffee and Cigarettes (which is good) with this, which I think is better.   A Cigarette After Dark   2 oz...
 This is half B.S. and half decent advice. I say that as a B.S. MechE who passed the Bar last year. OP, PM me with any questions you have. I'd reply more fully but I just got home and need sleep. ~ H
NYI, its '10 20-year. So pissed I didn't pick up all 5 for $85 a piece when I bought that one.
Surprised to see a pair of these.
Best bar is Miami is the Broken Shaker - funky Florida vibe with ridiculously high quality cocktails.