or Connect

Posts by Huntsman

Don't recall. They were too beat up. thought about getting one for the buttons though.
Somewhere in the book they indicate they 'fell in love' with sherry in, I think, 2009. I've been to Death four or five times, all before then, and I remember the drinks being very good, especially the Cure for Pain and the Winchester. I made the Flor de Jerez with some Dry Sack on hand for cooking, and it was a little meh until the apricot ratio was upped a little, then it became very good. I love modifiers and find that I often like drinks a little modifier-heavy, but...
As much as I have been enjoying the Death book, I am starting to think it is a little too fussy, with all of its focus on infusions and tinctures and such. Also, while I think the drinks I've made from the book are better than, say, from the PDT book, I also think that they aren't that good. Or maybe I have picked them wrong. Anyway, I totally riffed off of the Coffee and Cigarettes (which is good) with this, which I think is better.   A Cigarette After Dark   2 oz...
 This is half B.S. and half decent advice. I say that as a B.S. MechE who passed the Bar last year. OP, PM me with any questions you have. I'd reply more fully but I just got home and need sleep. ~ H
NYI, its '10 20-year. So pissed I didn't pick up all 5 for $85 a piece when I bought that one.
Surprised to see a pair of these.
Best bar is Miami is the Broken Shaker - funky Florida vibe with ridiculously high quality cocktails.
What does PVW 15 run these days? Was that bottle new release or NOS?   Had some friends over for a tasting of another spirit the other day, but we got to talking crazy bourbon and so had a tasting of these:     Skipped the Weller and Stagg because sometimes enough is enough.   ~ H
 Anything Glenfarclas also.  Meh. I didn't reduce my consumption while working full time and going to school at night part time with a 1.75hr commute (each way) in between. But then again I drink very little anyway, so.... ~ H
Just got the Death book. Sets the standard.