or Connect

Posts by stylegal48

Thanks so much-- it'll be great to see you!
You're invited to the premiere of MEN OF THE CLOTH at the DOC NYC film festival on Thursday November 21st at 5 pm. Location: IFC Center, 323 Sixth Avenue at W. 3rd Street, Greenwich Village. Buy tickets & watch the trailer here. MEN OF THE CLOTH is an inspiring portrait of three Italian master tailors who confront the decline of the apprentice system in the twilight of their career. The film features U.S. tailors Nino Corvato and Joe Centofanti (traditional custom...
I'm happy to report that my Kickstarter campaign for MEN OF THE CLOTH was successful! Thanks to everyone who lent their support!
So far, the Kickstarter campaign to fund post-production on MEN OF THE CLOTH is 61 % funded. We have until 11:59 pm EST on Friday December 21st to meet our $20,000 goal. There are still a few high-end rewards available: a custom suit from Martin Greenfield Clothiers & custom trousers from master tailor Nino Corvato, etc. Please read what John Tinseth had to say about MEN OF THE CLOTH on The Trad blog.
Thanks for your Support! MEN OF THE CLOTH's Kickstarter campaign just got a terrific write-up at the GQ EYE.
After a year spent editing, composing the score and fine-tuning, I'm thrilled to report that I recently "locked picture" on MEN OF THE CLOTH, my film on Italian master tailors. And I couldn't have done it without the support from the members at Styleforum, who really came through last year when I was raising funds for editing. The result is a 96-minute documentary that I'm really proud of: a nuanced portrait of Old World artisans captured over the course of many years....
Thanks very much for the plug! The custom jackets from the workshops of master tailors Nino Corvato and Joe Centofanti (two of my film's main characters) are still available. These perks are offered at the actual retail price, donated by the masters themselves.Think of all the mindless, big-budget movies littering the cultural landscape. Wouldn’t you rather see an independently produced film that honors the legacy and accomplishments of three inspiring Old World artisans...
Thanks very much to Styleforum editor Pete Anderson for posting an interview with yours truly about my documentary film-in-progress, MEN OF THE CLOTH: http://www.styleforum.net/t/265027/styleforum-interview-with-director-of-men-of-the-cloth-vicki-vasilopoulos
I’m excited to report that as a direct result of all the referrals and DIWO (do it with others) activity on our crowdfunding campaign, MEN OF THE CLOTH is now being featured on IndieGoGo’s HOME Page. With 29 days left in our campaign, we’ve now raised 20 percent of our $20,000 goal! Thanks again to everyone who has donated. Please continue to spread the word.
Thanks for your support! Yes, the DVD will be released in conjunction with our film festival premiere. I'll be sure to keep everyone informed.