or Connect

Posts by HRHAndrew

Quote: I'm not the most up to date person with style, but I was really surprised when I read on the askandy board that most people think its appropriate to wear cowboy boots with their suits. Only if you are from Texas. Not pretending to be from Texas like someone we know.
I am kicking myself at missing out on them. Out of my size.
Sorry, forgot about the specs. It has to be 1080i/720p. HD Ready is not HDTV and you would need a receiver. As for the 16:9, I don't think you can by a HDTV in 4:3 anymore. Any other specific questions, just ask.
Quote: I am looking at TVs and from what I've seen, LCD is a better bargain than plasma. Saw an Hitachi 50-inch LCD today for about $2,500. There are a couple things to consider. 1)Space considerations. 2)Budget/TV Size. 3)Signal. With point one. LCD tv's get very hot when operated, and really shouldn't put in an enclosed space. Plasmas do not run as hot, but still should not be in an enclosed space. On budget, for the 50" LCD at $2500. You could...
Quote: M40 London to Birmingham, I have seen people doing 100 in the middle lane, and it is hardly a rare sight. I can confirm that I am one of these people. When I make my monthly trip to London, and the sad drive to Birmingham I easily average 100mph. I get very annoyed when I need to slow down. I also don't worry about speed cameras. Since I rent, they never send you tickets that were caught on the speed camera. I figure they guess one would...
Quote: I know Nader says that there's no difference between the donkeys and elephants, Quote: But, don't you feel a vote for the Libertarian party is wasted or helps the candidate you hate the most get elected. I think it is impossible to waste a vote, as it still is counted. It is just that the person you voted for may not have won. I doubt all the people who voted for Gore in the last election thought their vote was wasted. I...
Quote: If customers are indeed more highly satisfied now it is only because the customers are lesser individuals than the sorts who once patronised the marque; people who used to buy Jaguars now buy Audis or BMW's. The only marque more defiled by its new corporate master than Jaguar has been Saab. You could be right, but since Jaguar sales have increased at a larger rate than those of Audis or BMW's, the boys at Ford are probably patting themselves...
I have never seen a Weston in person. If anyone has some pics, please post. Since I am inflicted with Imeldaitis, Lance, you can probably count me in for some 11's.
Quote: just curious, would you go with 100% cotton, or shirts with a little strech? I find that I lilke the ones that are 90% cotton, and 10% lycra, or something in that area.
Quote: besides, the newer jags apparently really are much more like the fords, under the hood. Actually as someone who works in automotive, I can say with confidence that the quality levels and customer satisfaction at Jaguar is at an all time high since the Ford take over. Ford has been very smart with Aston Martin, Jaguar and Volvo, and tried to stay out of the way. Land Rover was a dissaster so they needed to get involved. As opposed to...