or Connect

Posts by HRHAndrew

Steve, why are you so strongly supporting Kerry?  Do you really find him that appealing?  
Quote: I knew politics would get him back... Yep, it is what got me reading the board more frequently. This election is driving me crazy. When I lived in Boston for 12 years I was always surprised to see that there was no substance to Kerry, but it is an election at least come up with some good rhetoric. For all of those who are supporting Kerry, doesn't it drive you crazy that a democrat from Massachussetts has not offered any advancement in social...
Quote: would bet my bottom dollar that Bush truly believes in everything he says he believes in- that's what makes him so appealing. That includes his conversion to Billy Graham style Christianity in lieu of alcohol and drug treatment and all his policy beliefs. Unfortunately, that kind of wilfully ignorant confidence resonates with many Americans. J, that is very insightful.  I am not sure that it is an "ignorant confidence" that resonates with...
Quote: Quote (Steve B. @ 01 Oct. 2004, 1:06) Andrew: Welcome back. We've missed you. Ditto. Haven't seen one of your posts in ages. Thanks, but my visit was/is to send a PM. Not sure if I am able to moderate myself enough to visit frequently.  As evidenced by this fast response.   Quote: The most rabid right-wingist in the nordic countries (and probably europe) would be a soft-bellied liberal to the avarage American. We are all for...
Quote: I followed the entire Kalra saga from its inception, but I have a soft spot for ClassyFreddy.  That thread was a hot topic right at the time I first discovered the Style Forum. Also, there's some really useful information in the ClassyFreddy thread, so I was able to learn while I laughed. The infamous ClassyFreddy.  That was a memorable afternoon for me.  Is that thread still around?  Be funny to read through it again.  Although I...
The time has come for me to bid my adieu. I have spent too much time and money as a result of this great forum, and need to break my addiction.  Before I go, I must say that I have enjoyed the forum very much, and while I rarely had anything of substance to add, there are those which I wish to thank. In no particular order: j - for starting and managing a great forum. Steve B. - for even handed moderation and an excellent book. A. Harris - for making trades that I hope...
Quote: To those saying "I think an executive should just step in and run the government for a couple of years"- do you think a bureaucrat could step in and effectively run your corporation for several years? I think in some cases each is possible, but to suggest that across the board one area of expertise is more portable than the other is niave. In addition, I find the suggestion that some how business executives are more "in touch" a bit laughable as well....
Vero, I really enjoyed reading your points. Find myself seeing wisdom in them, however.... Stay out of Europe, they wouldn't like you too much
You know what really troubles me? With the ideological shift that the Dems are undertaking, their is no one left to fight for a social agenda. That has me worried. Whether you are for social entitlements or not, I think we all can agree that they need a champion.
Quote: What's wrong with elitists, or elites for that matter? I think that is fairly simple, true elitists how no appreciation and undertanding of the real functional world. Most often they never leave their particular campuses. Quote: Wouldn't you just as soon have people who actually know something running things? That is a scary thought. A tenure track experience does not lead to the development of common sense.