or Connect

Posts by HRHAndrew

Hello Boys, I was going through some old books and came across Steve Brnikman's book from 2003. It was like a blast in the past and made me think of this forum and the time I spent here. While I am not sure if many of the same posters/lurkers from 2002-4 are still around - nor do I think that I made a substantive enough contribution to be remembered, I wanted to say hello to anyone who is around from back in the day. Of course, hello to those of you who have joined...
I think we are all speaking of the same items. John, can you point me to the article that states they are made by someone other than the Isaia company. I remember reading a trade article that stated differently. Also at the same time there were some other Style Forum old timers who were a bit disappointed by the development of fused lines by both Isaia and Barbera.
I believe that the Gianluca line is a company line of Isaia. I am sure there are more, but here are the Isaia lines that I am aware of: Enrico Isaia - Blue Tag not pictured. Gianluca Isaia - Black Tag Above Gianluca Napoli - Blue Tag Above
In terms of quality, I think that the Gianluca items are pretty well made. They are clearly a step down from the Isaia line, and are fused which is a problem for most of us here. But of all of the fused pieces our there, the Gianluca stuff are some of the best.
"Wow, Andrew... Talk about a blast from the past. I can't remember seeing you post since around the time I was lurking and finally signed on here several years. You must have felt a disturbance in the force, eh?" I am surprised that anyone remembered me, it has been awhile. I did sense a disturbance... Something about Sartorio being a lower level line. I have suits by Kiton, Attolini and Sartorio. Construction wise I can't see any differences. But I am a bit...
I have a couple of Sartorio pieces, and find them to be of excellent quality. You would have to be very skilled to tell the differences between Kiton and Sartorio. If you ever see a piece that catches your eye, I would recommend buying it.
Well, I know that I have been gone for quite a while but this morning my wife told me about a dream she had last night. I knew that you guys could appreciate this, so I had to return for this posting. (though none of my bookmarks work anymore) Here is the dream: My wife was shopping a local men's store that was going out of business in her dream. He happened upon a table of ties. Upon inspection she realized that they were all seven-folds selling for $9.99. She bought...
Quote: Johnny, does the Sartorial line suit jacket have handstitched button holes? I checked out few sartorial line suits, as I remember, nothing really stood out that would top Canali and Zegna. I am not Johnny, but have several PZ sartorial items. They are without question a cut above Canali, Corneliani, Zegna, etc. On par with Brioni, Zegna Napoli, Isaia, etc. A bit below Attolini, Oxxford and Kiton in terms of construction. I believe it has made...
Quote: Quote (Steve B. @ 01 Oct. 2004, 1:06) Andrew: Welcome back. We've missed you. Ditto. Haven't seen one of your posts in ages. Thanks, but my visit was/is to send a PM. Not sure if I am able to moderate myself enough to visit frequently.  As evidenced by this fast response.   Quote: The most rabid right-wingist in the nordic countries (and probably europe) would be a soft-bellied liberal to the avarage American. We are all for...
Quote: I followed the entire Kalra saga from its inception, but I have a soft spot for ClassyFreddy.  That thread was a hot topic right at the time I first discovered the Style Forum. Also, there's some really useful information in the ClassyFreddy thread, so I was able to learn while I laughed. The infamous ClassyFreddy.  That was a memorable afternoon for me.  Is that thread still around?  Be funny to read through it again.  Although I...