or Connect

Posts by HitMan009

I hate foodie as much as the next person but it's the quickest way to describe a person that enjoys what good food supposed to be. I still think that a fat person cannot be a person who enjoys good food because there is only one way to get fat and that is eating too much. Unless the person has diabetes of course but that could also mean a person who has over-indulguled. Also I think there is a lot of people out there who think they know food when they don't.
Yes, I know it's not pc but it's something I believe. I don't think anyone that is fat can consider himself/herself a foodie no matter how supposedly good their taste are.... Agree or disagree.... I want un-pc answers!
That's one happy guy...... Anybody that is upset with life should meet this guy. Any idiot willing to pay for a "self-help guru" should meet this guy first.
Quote: Originally Posted by Godot In management are three levels. The first is managing downwards, your staff. In some way this is easy as you have a power advantage. The second is managing laterally and this involves managing your peers. This is trickier because you have similar power. The third is managing upwards ie managing your boss. This is the trickiest of all because he has more power. This is the area your failing at. Figure out how to...
Quote: Originally Posted by Bradford I'm sorry, but the best way to deal with this is to find a new job. Trying to get your boss fired is a waste of time, reflects poorly on you and will not gain you any respect in your company. Whether you succeed or not, you will always be the whiny guy who complained about his boss. Yes, that is why I am actively looking to move to a different department. There is no question going against the higher up no...
Quote: Originally Posted by Dragon I think in order to forgive, first you have to understand. The reason people can`t forgive others is because they don`t try to understand the other side, and are only viewing things through their own eyes. That work sometimes but other times trying to understand will not work because some people are just the way you are. No matter how hard you try to understand, you will never get to a reason that is...
Quote: Originally Posted by Alter +1. You know, I really do respect your desire to make things better but I am not really getting why you refer to this as a moral or ethical issue. Ethics and morals are highly subjective and I can't see that getting anywhere. If this is really a serious company then someone should be able to judge if he is good for business or bad for business and incompetence and stupidity are usually bad for business. You need to...
Forgiveness is one of those things I believe everyone needs to learn and use. If someone wronged you intentional or not, it will hurt you more in the long run if you were to hold on to these things. Forgiveness is IMHO one of the toughest things to learn in life because no one likes to feel hurt, used, etc. I agree for the most part that women hold on to grudges more then men but I have met men that are just as bad or even worse with holding grudges. The amount of time...
Quote: Originally Posted by Alter This thread reminds me that I did actually participate in getting my predecessor fired and I ended up replacing him. Like your superior he never did anything illegal or against policy but he was incompetent and lacked leadership ability. The main thing that got him canned was that complaints came from a few different people and his incompetence was linked to potential money loss. Actually, two people quit the company to...
Quote: Originally Posted by globetrotter we use that too, but in the end what is important for people in my position is performance by numbers, which saves my ass. OP - a few years ago I had a boss who was a real animal. too examples - I put in a request for a vacation and he didn't say anything. a few weeks later I go on vacation, and he calls me when I am in the airport with my family, asks me where I am and when I say I am on my way to a...