or Connect

Posts by HitMan009

Ouch!!! She was so looking forward to him proposing but when was she gonna tell him that she cheated on him????? Whatever, we don't know the whole story so all I can say is that this is some fucked up shit no matter how you cut it!
Quote: Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy Consider a knife skills class (or dvd) taught at many cooking schools. Not only do you learn how to cut things you learn how to protect yourself from cuts and accidents. http://www.filmbaby.com/films/2065 I think Mr. Wilkinson is right on the money on this. If you pay attention to that you are doing, rarely does knife accidents happen. But hey, it's part of the deal... everyone cuts themselves,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire Fat people don't prepare food, they just chew fat. Man, u hold on to stuff, don't u. Just stick to the topic at hand!!!
I wanted to know what was the worst knife accident you had in the kitchen. Once I almost shave half of my middle finger nail off. No blood but half the nail was hanging like wedge off the other areas of the nail!
Quote: Originally Posted by kwilkinson No, it doesn't. They are two entirely different animals. Two different goals, two different results, with really no comparison whatsoever. To act like "good food" or "flavors" or whatever it is that you're trying to generalize in this thread is some all-encompassing term is just wrong. It all has its place, and the place that old fashioned "grandma" cooking holds is no more important and no more impressive than...
Quote: Originally Posted by LA Guy I really hope that you are not a professional food critic. FWIW, I think that nutritionists generally are people who don't really like food. Nope, ain't a food critic, not one bit. I just try to educate people about what good food is. I am no nutritionist either.... I think they don't know anything about food. It was these same people that recommended using trans fat margarine instead the real stuff...
hahaha It's makes me laugh at how heated people can get here. Just take the question I posed as face value. I wasn't talking about anyone in general. And even it was a rule, there are always exceptions to the rule. Here are the facts..... In this world of Food Network, Iron Chef, Top Chef, etc etc., food has become a fashion statement, a trend just like everything else. Anyone here that reads this forum knows I post about food quite and how I feel the majority of...
Quote: Originally Posted by foodguy i think the point is that in modern usage, the term is supposed to inspire punchability, as it doesn't refer to people who really enjoy cooking and eating, but more people who enjoy talking about/debating it. That is a fair definition. Now that we all agree that the term foodie should not be used which is fine by me, the whole point of this thread was really just to find out if a person that enjoys good...
Quote: Originally Posted by foodguy "foodie" does not describe someone who likes good food; "foodie" describes someone who is obsessed by fashionable food. it is now a term of derision. other than that, what are you, 17? What is fashionable food? Do you mean the hamburger craze, fried chicken craze and now the whole pork and pork fat craze? No, no such thing as fashionable food. I don't think a foodie is a person that likes what foods are...
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire I wonder if the OP would think my sausage was "good food" or not? What's not to love with pork, pork fat, lotsa of salt, herbs and spices..... Maybe you can ship some over to me.....