or Connect

Posts by HitMan009

I was thinking of upgrading but then was looking at some of the prices. I have a cheap Wustof Gourmet 3" Paring knife that can't really hold an edge for too long but I been using for ages. I can give it a pretty nice edge but the metal is just too cheap to hold an edge for long. I was interested in the Misono but I dunno if I would want to pay that much for just paring knife. Seems like some of you here share the same sentiment.
Please throw in your suggestion for the best price/performance ratio paring knife. Thanks!
Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 Yes Maybe because there is no one single answer. Different people, different regions have different customs What is your question then? That's fine. I just want to start off with some examples. Tell me what were common dishes for dinner you had growing up in France.
Is there anyone here that actually is french and grew up in France? Most of these answers don't make sense from my understanding. Cheese would probably be as an after dinner thing. Obviously cheese can/would be incorporated in the cooked dishes but cheese alone is something eaten after dinner. I also understand that a salad would be served after the meal not before. However this is not what I am after. I want to learn more about common home cooked dishes.
Hi, Can someone tell me what a typical family in France would make and eat for dinner? Please also mention what would a nice sunday dinner would be.... I want to explore more then just haute cuisine.
I have a tiffany's sterling silver money clip. I don't have much problems with tarnishing if at all. I did at the beginning when I used to put my leather card case and the money clip in the same pocket though. Now I know that exposure to leather causes tarnish. Just google and you will see what aides in tarnishing. To me, leather, esp with magnets, stainless steel looks cheap but if you find one that looks elegant, all the more power to you.
I say forget both and go for a nice sterling silver one. You won't regret it
Is this where the term "top notch" comes from? The reason why most RTW suits have lower gorges is to allow for men with bigger chest. The bigger the chest, the higher the gorge would appear on the wearer. So to accommodate this, gorges have to be a bit lower on RTW. A high gorge is definitely better in most cases but not to some of the ridiculous extremes that fashion has taken things to.
can someone post the link to where iammatt posted his technique for peking duck? I can't seem to find it
Just got the Mayfair topcoat. The fit is pretty damn good but I find the arms to be a bit full and in need of slimming. Does anyone else feel this way?