or Connect

Posts by HitMan009

Quote: Originally Posted by kwilkinson Well that's all true. Bourdain also made beef bourguignon with only three ingredients. So basically, the show was shitty all around. Yes, the show does too many shortcuts to be a show on techniques. I don't think anyone hoping to learn anything from the show will get much out of it. The shows Jacques Pepin did on technique were very very good.
Quote: Originally Posted by kwilkinson What are you expecting to hear back? Yeah, Keller has a great kitchen with top of the line products. Even though the restaurant looks like it sucks, Bourdain's Les Halles probably has a great kitchen with top of the line products too. This show was about technique, it wasn't 30 minute meals with Rachael Ray. Did you want Keller to use a shitty electric range and a tiny piece of shit non-convection oven like...
Quote: Originally Posted by A Y That roast chicken looked amazingly perfect. Maybe it's just me, but it's amazing how Keller's perfectionism can come through even in something as simple as that. --Andre No, It's not really Keller! That's a product of a damn great oven and a organic free range bird.
Quote: Originally Posted by ChicagoRon I have to agree... 2> Jacques Pepin's omelet didn't look so good to me. It was like scrambled eggs on top of a slightly burnt crust - someone posted Julia Child making one recently, was much better This show was obviously dumb downed for the masses. If anyone has watched Pepin making an omelet, the one he made was a country style omelet. It was made to look easy. When me makes the classic french...
That Thomas Keller roast chicken technique. I dare someone roast a chicken at 425-450 degrees in a run of the mill home oven and get the result he got from his restaurant oven which probably is custom designed from the high end french company and cost as much a mortgage for a house. I bet if someone leaves it in a 450 oven at home and not touch it, the chicken will definitely be burnt in some areas. Also, he appears to be using an All-clad masterchef 10" pan. Most...
Walt Mossberg is an old fart. WTF does he know about anything.....
Is it possible to get a pair of pants made with 1 metre when for a 30" inseam?
Quote: Originally Posted by Tangfastic Yup The article failed to notice that in Britain we have state funded healthcare and the spending on school meals will lead to long term savings on the NHS (less obese kids, more healthy kids and grown ups..). Also it's been getting on for 70 years since any Nazi bombers have been spotted over our cities and rationing had nothing to do with Mr Oliver, can't blame that on him. WTF is wrong with those...
I have an interesting question, What can one do with 2.2 metres of cloth? Be creative and serious! Thanks
Quote: Originally Posted by Verno Inferno I suggest that we treat the kids like kittens when you have to change food on 'em. Of course they aren't going to eat the new stuff at first, but eventually they're going to be hungry and learn they have no other option and learn to like it. The worst thing that could happen is these kids will go a week or two with a few less calories before they wisen up to the fact that the pizza man isn't making deliveries to...