or Connect

Posts by HitMan009

It appears to me that our desires to find clothes that last the never ending cycles of fashion's whims and wishes to be somehow misplaced.  Everyone here seems to have our own personal style so the whole idea of fashion to us is remote.  Women on the other hand are fashion whores so I personally would be hard pressed to take women's wardobe ideas for men.  This however is not true for all women.  There are a few out there that truly has a sense of style and not base...
LA Guy speaks the gospel. Although a good majority of us are not even remotely close to being fashion whores, trends and the lastest fashion affects us no matter what. There are timeless classics but these classics still come in and out of fashion. I am reluctant to use the word "style" because style is something that has to be personal. A person that follows fashion is not stylish. That person is fashionable. Men's clothes should be simplistic, functional and most of all...
Might I chime in. The fit of the suits is quite good in my eyes although I have a few things to mention. These are my views and tastes. 1) The Chan tuxedo.... a) The breast pocket needs to be moved up at around 1/2". I have the same problem with my Chan suit b) From the picture, it seems that you have wide shoulders. I would narrow the shoulders a bit, say around 1/4" to 3/8" on each side. A thin layer of padding to raise it up would also help. c) Seeming that you...
Manton, That was an amazing in-depth and concise post if I had ever read one. It was exactly what I was asking for and then some. I would shake your hand if I could. A Harris, having been around so many suits, if you can add your observations on each of the brands and/or tailor mindset, vision, methodology you have come across(well, maybe not all of them but a good sample), that would truly be a godsend. One more thing, this is for everyone, please share with us what...
I have been on this board for a year and some months. The knowledge I have gained can't be measured. A thread was speaking about the different Savile Row tailors. This got me thinking about expanding this whole concept of silhouettes. Much have been spoken about the different cuts each brand and/or tailor has but no unifed post of this matter. If anyone can elaborate on the cut by brand/model/tailor, please add your comments. I think pictures side-by-side would really...
Did someone buy the monk strap, no. 16 in size 7 1/2?
I find it strange that no one has mentioned those Polo Mccallum Chukka. A good number of us have gotten a pair. I think those look amazing with jeans whether they be a dark indigo or washed variety. They can go from jeans to flannel pants to cords to wider leg pants with no problems whatsoever. Plus the finish on the leather is exceptional.
What product would you recommend to remove the wax after the build up of many polishings? -HitMan009
Yes, I believe those are the exact ones I tried on at the Barney's warehouse sale. I notice they are the same cause the left shoe had more creasing which was the one on display. Somehow they look the right size in the photo but when I tried them one way back when, it really made my feet look small. I couldn't possibly wear a shoe like that with trousers I have for my suits. Maybe cause it was 7D instead of what I normally wear which is 7.5D. But I don't think .5 would make...
dah328, It really depends on the effect you want for your shoe. Shoe cream such as Meltonian will polish your shoes to a luster similiar to that of satin. Wax Polish such as Kiwi you find in the tin will polish to a real shine depending on how you polish, that is. Shoe cream will actually penerate and condition the leather thus it also really affects the color of the leather. Wax polish basically sits on top of the leather. The pigments and solvents will affect the...