or Connect

Posts by HitMan009

While I was paying more attention to the suiting fabrics and overcoat fabrics, they do have quite a number of books of what sportcoat type fabrics. That reminds me.... If anyone can tell me which cashmere overcoat fabric is best, that would be great. I only looked at Colombo, Loro Piana and Crombie fabrics. But the price disparity is amazing. If I remember correctly, the Loro Piana fabric, the asking price was almost $2400 while Crombie was hovering around $1400. The $1K...
Gentlemen, I wanted to know who paid a visit to their fittings in NYC. Those Loro Piana fabrics I thought were pretty nice. If I only had more money and a bigger suit wardrobe, I would have went for some of the more stylish cloths. I picked up a midnight blue twill 120s and revised some style issues with my suit. Patrick seems like a pleasant guy to work with. What are your thoughts and which fabric did you pick?
Excellent question, I will try to answer it with examples that I had recently.    First, as a few has mentioned before in this thread(I apologize in advance for not referencing names as I am a bit lazy right now), style is something that you have to feel. To define style, I would say "Style is knowing the rules and then breaking them accordingly".  It's almost like the difference between something that is scientific and artistic. Although many of us talk about the...
Pick stitching to my understanding is purely an aesthetic addition. It highlights the edges of the lapels, collars etc. I think the effect it produces is to make these areas stand out. On higher end suits, the lapels, collars lie perfectly flat to the chest. This sometimes can make them disappear into the jacket. With pick stitching, the edges are highlighted thus allowing the lapels to be a bit more visible. Now I am talking about very fine pick stitching using thread...
chorse123, Yes, a businessman's purpose in is to make money..... I regret I didn't elaborate enough. You filled in the part that I left out. If he was a good businessman, he would understand the need to build relationships thus ensuring future business and referals from current clients. WWChan from what I seen understands this concept. I had a suit made from WWChan during their last visit in July. It was a VBC herringbone cloth 120s. The overall suit is pretty damn good...
I don't mean to diss any groups here but it is apparent that most of these tailors are salesman and are trying to make the most money they can. Although I don't doubt that some of them can make a great suit, the up selling they do would in the end leave a bad taste in my mouth. In Hong Kong, all the Indian tailors are considered to be inferior to and on the low end of the spectrum tailoring wise. Many have heard of Sam's tailor but I have read mixed reviews on them. I...
Personally, I think their stuff this season is ugly. I had one of their catalogs from a couple of years ago when they first started marketing in America. Those were great classic stuff with a little bit of newer edge to them. Now, their stuff looks just plain bad. Just look at some of their striped shirts, fugly..
Quote: A hate of mine is long sleeve shirts with the sleeves rolled up. I agree with the sleeves rolled up to the mid forearm but I think the rolled up sleeves to the elbow is good. I do it when it's summer and looks 1000 times better then wearing dare I say short sleeved shirts. And tell all the companies that make mockneck sweaters to stop.
It appears to me that our desires to find clothes that last the never ending cycles of fashion's whims and wishes to be somehow misplaced.  Everyone here seems to have our own personal style so the whole idea of fashion to us is remote.  Women on the other hand are fashion whores so I personally would be hard pressed to take women's wardobe ideas for men.  This however is not true for all women.  There are a few out there that truly has a sense of style and not base...
LA Guy speaks the gospel. Although a good majority of us are not even remotely close to being fashion whores, trends and the lastest fashion affects us no matter what. There are timeless classics but these classics still come in and out of fashion. I am reluctant to use the word "style" because style is something that has to be personal. A person that follows fashion is not stylish. That person is fashionable. Men's clothes should be simplistic, functional and most of all...