or Connect

Posts by HitMan009

Hmm, if someone can point me to that thread, that would be great. My pockets are still stitched tight on my Chan suit. Even on the most well made suits, I understand that the pockets will eventually sag. Is this true? I personally don't see how tucking in the flaps is a bad thing. If the pockets have both the top and bottom made up like a besom pocket, how can anyone notice the difference? Thanks in Advance everyone
LA Guy, It's excellent you mention the high gorge, button stance around the natural waist look. This was the exact style I mentioned to Patrick to do. With this style, I believe it creates a very lean look emphasizing the shoulders and torso. I dunno if it would be considered fashion forward however. While it's definitely not a conserative suit cut, it is still within the tolerance allowed for it to be stylish and not fashion. But I don't know... It could be just...
Manton, Do you know why fluorescent light make black appear grey and midnight blue appear black?
Quote: I would say the most formal cloths for suits are midnight blue, and oxford or charcoal (i.e., very dark) gray. Blue for "happy" occasions: parties, weddings, nights on the town, etc.  Gray for "somber" occasions: funerals, job interviews, imporatant meetings. Manton, I have a slight disagreement. It could also be that I misunderstood also. For me, any darker shades of blue I find is more for business then anything else. Also can act as an...
Quote: Thanks, "retro." I wonder how many of the Chan customers are going to be forum regulars like ourselves. I had suggested to Andy that those regulars who were meeting with Chan on Saturday might get together at some BH restaurant and have a luncheon in his honor. He thought it was a great idea, but unfortunately he and his wife were going to be out of town. Someone on one of the other Chan threads suggested a secret handshake for forum members. I think a...
I think Patrick was a bit nervous this being this first time out and about. I don't know if that is correct but it is my assumption. I think most of the people attending WWChan's overseas tours have only known Raymond. In terms of comparing the two, I think Patrick maybe more fashion forward and not as obliged as Raymond to stay within timeless standards. I believe Patrick is actually also the cutter, so in the long run, dealing with him in a sense means cutting out the...
Gentlemen(and Ladies if there is any), It appears a majority of people here have professional jobs(ie. lawyer, investment banker, etc). I don't want to make this post ridiculously long so let me get to the point. I am in IT working for an investment bank/commerical bank right here in midtown manhattan. Although I love the job I have, I don't feel there is room for growth in IT. IT right now is a commodity, a service just like HR is a service. I am looking to swing over...
Quote: I'm curious:  Did you see any simple conservative solid Navy?  I've got an appointment here in Palm Beach on Monday. Yes, in the back of the 120s LP book, there is a solid navy blue, midnight blue and black, all in a very fine twill weave.
Yes, I believe they were booked solid... They had to schedule me on Sunday. Nehows, I left out a detail and went back on Monday. Saw two gentlemen in the hotel room... Maybe one of them is someone on this board. This was around 6:30pm
While I was paying more attention to the suiting fabrics and overcoat fabrics, they do have quite a number of books of what sportcoat type fabrics. That reminds me.... If anyone can tell me which cashmere overcoat fabric is best, that would be great. I only looked at Colombo, Loro Piana and Crombie fabrics. But the price disparity is amazing. If I remember correctly, the Loro Piana fabric, the asking price was almost $2400 while Crombie was hovering around $1400. The $1K...