or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by HitMan009

Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire Dood, sorry the fact that my thinking cannot be boxed in by yours, but this does not make me "hostile." You asked me a question that does not apply to me. How can you begin to understand when the framing is incorrect in the first place? You keep trying to force me to make a value judgment and I keep trying to tell you that I do not have one to make. Why do you deem me hostile because I will not let you force me...
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire Why do I need to have a "stand" on this? In case you haven't noticed, I keep pointing out that economics is an amoral thing in my view, ergo I would never feel this is "ok" nor would I feel it's "not ok." So what is your stand on math? Have I demonstrated to you that your assertion on "runaway inequality" and the tax base is incorrect? Also, you do realize that using the term "runaway" demonstrates you still...
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire Actually, I didn't offer a value judgment, just pointed out how the support you offered for your assertion is obviously incorrect. What is your stand regarding 44% of the income in NYC being made by 1% of the population? Do you feel it's ok and sustainable? Do you think it will increase as the trends says it will?
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire So to translate this, you feel you have disclaimed, so no one that actually tried to present counter points to your assertions should expect a cogent rebut? Gotcha. To this attempted rebut, let me remind you what you said, as everything above is a straw man or ad hoc rescue fallacy: I have given you a mathematical reason why this is wrong, namely the nature of our (very) progressive income taxation system...
Quote: Originally Posted by ChicagoRon Hitman - the size of the middle class is irrelevant to the distribution of wealth. It's possible that the richest 1% owns 90% of the wealth, 1% of the country is truly poor controlling less than 1%, and the other 98% of the coutry is basically equal (making them the middle class), but not relatively wealthy because they are splitting such a small amount of actual wealth. Not sure this would be healthy, but it...
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire As I think you're not really worth engaging on, and have totally ignored my prior attempts to engage you, I'll only deal quickly with your first point. Your first point is bullshit. In fact, it's completely the opposite case. First, since you have raised income tax, we will assume you are incorrectly referring to "wealth" and actually mean "income." Now, the topic is "income inequality" or "concentration." So...
Forgive me for not reading the 10 odds pages of post since my last post on this trend. The reason why I mention that have a large middle class is the only true way to have a functioning and dynamic lies in a few reasons: 1) Bigger tax base: I know a few of you here dislike paying any form of taxes but I digress. Stuff needs to be paid for. Yes, there is a lot of waste and quite of bit of tax dollars are wasted but stuff needs to be paid whether it be for teachers,...
It is indisputable that having a large middle class is the only way to have a functioning and dynamic economy. While I don't necessary believe a small segment amassing huge sums is a bad thing, this trend is worrisome. Anyone that lives in New York can attest to this huge disparity when you compare the huge differences from the poor areas to the rich areas. But on a grander perspective, when you look at third world countries, their problems is the extreme of this. ...
Are you sure those are RL BL? The seams on the unaltered one is not the seams normally found of RL shirts.... I forget what the seam is called, I believe it is called a french seam where one of the line of stitches is covered.
Quote: Originally Posted by globetrotter boy, I hate to generalize - but does it seem that Koreans are more into entrepreneurial success than most Chinese? I honestly don't know - but I know a lot of business owners who are Korean, including young 2nd and 3rd generation, and most of the second and 3rd generation Chinese and Jews I know are in knowledge based industries. This is definitely true, a bit generalized but very true. However being...
New Posts  All Forums: