or Connect

Posts by HitMan009

I am a fan of anything with Jacques Pepin.... I also think America's Test Kitchen is great but it's belief that it perfects everything is a little off putting. Any show with Mark Bittman I also enjoy. Gordon Ramsay is great as well and Heston's Blumenthal's In Search of Perfection is great but some of the stuff he recommends if a bit over the top for the regular home cook. This leads me to something I like to mention. On a whole, I think British cooking shows are...
Quote: Originally Posted by ChicagoRon Bobby Flay did an awesome Cuban Burger on the grill on his old "Grillin and Chillin" show. He got Brioche buns, added ham and swiss on top of the burger, with yellow mustard and pickles. Then he used a brick wrapped in foil to press it on top of the grill. It looked AWESOME. I really get disgusted when these stupid celebrity chefs use Brioche. First off, Brioche is too sweet, not to mention too...
Quote: Originally Posted by why Asking SField those questions seems to me like you're projecting your own habits onto him -- that is, you're hoping he becomes more agreeable with your own tastes. A better method would be to raise your own taste, appreciation, and ultimately satisfaction. (My omelette's worth.) My taste is not as high as SField but I have a deep appreciation for food. I rarely go out to eat when I do, it's gonna be a...
Sfield, name some places where you eaten for less $20. The places you named are to put it plainly "damn expensive". These places are for most people a verrrrrry special occasion place at best or at worst, once in a lifetime place. I don't think the average person would frequent these places on a regular basis because of the $$$$ price tag. Also, let everyone know on a given ordinary day, what you eat? Also name a junk food that you crave!
Eason, you are chinese right? Cantonese by any chance? Here is my take. There are certain posters here that have extreme levels of taste. In other words, it would be impossible to truly please them. What I find odd and also the same with all these people this. Let me use a fashion example. If you notice, many top designers walk out after a runway show wearing a t-shirt and Levi 501s. This is the same with a few posters here. Here are the facts..... If I...
Quote: Originally Posted by GQgeek The pork should only be cut into medallions at the end imo. Why are you flouring them? Not flouring, just a dusting
I would try this. Apples and pork are always a good combo. Cut the tenderloins into 3/4" medallions, salt and pepper them and pat them in some flour, shaking off the excess. You can use corn starch as well. Pan sear both sides at medium heat, about 2-3 minutes each side. Take them out of the pan, add onions(about a medium size)and caramelize a bit. Add a bit of salt at the beginning to aid in release of moisture. When pan is almost dry, add a bit of sugar. Then...
I don't know why people always mention eggs sticking to stainless steel. I never have this problem. For oil, simply heat up the pan with oil and wait till it is about to smoke. Remove it off the fire and let it cool. Then heat the pan and cook. Even easier, use butter. Heat butter till no more foaming and put in eggs. I would avoid non-stick because the chemical is toxic. I don't care what people say about normal heat levels being ok. There are just too many...
Any foods that require the use of hands: wings, fried chicken, burgers, whole crabs, lobsters. I would also say oatmeal is a manly food.
Quote: Originally Posted by Bohdathone Being triple-distilled, Irish tend to be lighter in flavour than Scotch whiskies. Obvious examples are the famous Jameson's, Bushmills etc. There's huge variation in the world of Scotch whisky, from light, fruity blends (Cutty Sark, J&B) and malts (Rosebank, Tullibardine) to heavier styles of blend (most of the Johnnie Walker range, also the excellent Teacher's) and single-malts. Islay malts, like Laphroaig,...