or Connect

Posts by HitMan009

Quote: Originally Posted by malefic I don't see any reason to buy ties outside of eBay. I have marked a particular seller, located in Italy, who lists dozens of designer ties (Polo RL, Hermes, Kenzo, Leonard, Gucci, you name it) in batches all starting at 6 bucks every few months. There are so many authentic ties from amazing brands being sold for ridiculous prices I just don't see why anyone would ever spend $40 on a regular-priced mediocre tie. If...
Has anyone asked WWChan for a lower price when ordering multiple items at once?
On a more serious note, does anyone else feel that all his suits are out of proportion in some weird way? There is just something off that I just can put my finger on. For some reason, the first impression I get is that the suit looks like a child's suit..... The proportions are all off. I think these suits although they are not structured like an english cut, have a bit too much shape for him. Whether it be the body/head size proportion or the big feet, the wide...
Use it instead of mint in your lemonade....
So what the best place for pho is NYC?
So many great shows that have forgotten about. I really liked Two Fat Ladies. They made honest food and showed it in an honest manner. Nothing pretentious, just good old cooking. Now some of the stuff they made I wouldn't make myself but that's another matter. For those in the NYC area, I enjoy Colameco's Food Show. Another no pretense type of guy.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rambo +1000 +10000
I am a fan of anything with Jacques Pepin.... I also think America's Test Kitchen is great but it's belief that it perfects everything is a little off putting. Any show with Mark Bittman I also enjoy. Gordon Ramsay is great as well and Heston's Blumenthal's In Search of Perfection is great but some of the stuff he recommends if a bit over the top for the regular home cook. This leads me to something I like to mention. On a whole, I think British cooking shows are...
Quote: Originally Posted by ChicagoRon Bobby Flay did an awesome Cuban Burger on the grill on his old "Grillin and Chillin" show. He got Brioche buns, added ham and swiss on top of the burger, with yellow mustard and pickles. Then he used a brick wrapped in foil to press it on top of the grill. It looked AWESOME. I really get disgusted when these stupid celebrity chefs use Brioche. First off, Brioche is too sweet, not to mention too...
Quote: Originally Posted by why Asking SField those questions seems to me like you're projecting your own habits onto him -- that is, you're hoping he becomes more agreeable with your own tastes. A better method would be to raise your own taste, appreciation, and ultimately satisfaction. (My omelette's worth.) My taste is not as high as SField but I have a deep appreciation for food. I rarely go out to eat when I do, it's gonna be a...