or Connect

Posts by HitMan009

Quote: Originally Posted by Alter +1. You know, I really do respect your desire to make things better but I am not really getting why you refer to this as a moral or ethical issue. Ethics and morals are highly subjective and I can't see that getting anywhere. If this is really a serious company then someone should be able to judge if he is good for business or bad for business and incompetence and stupidity are usually bad for business. You need to...
Forgiveness is one of those things I believe everyone needs to learn and use. If someone wronged you intentional or not, it will hurt you more in the long run if you were to hold on to these things. Forgiveness is IMHO one of the toughest things to learn in life because no one likes to feel hurt, used, etc. I agree for the most part that women hold on to grudges more then men but I have met men that are just as bad or even worse with holding grudges. The amount of time...
Quote: Originally Posted by Alter This thread reminds me that I did actually participate in getting my predecessor fired and I ended up replacing him. Like your superior he never did anything illegal or against policy but he was incompetent and lacked leadership ability. The main thing that got him canned was that complaints came from a few different people and his incompetence was linked to potential money loss. Actually, two people quit the company to...
Quote: Originally Posted by globetrotter we use that too, but in the end what is important for people in my position is performance by numbers, which saves my ass. OP - a few years ago I had a boss who was a real animal. too examples - I put in a request for a vacation and he didn't say anything. a few weeks later I go on vacation, and he calls me when I am in the airport with my family, asks me where I am and when I say I am on my way to a...
Whether or not this is positive to China and the world is not what is key here. There is a common rule I find when dealing with Chinese from the mainland and that is that generally, they tend to gloss over details. That is why you find chinese goods that lack refinement, lots of facade but lack of foundation, the list goes on and on. This has to do with the chinese and the utmost importance of saving face. The point of this is that heavy spending on buying prestige and...
Quote: Originally Posted by LVoer Depending on the laws in your jurisdiction you can file sexual harassment/human rights complaint with an arms-length tribunal. There is often no-reprisal protections built into the legislation, so if you are looking to cause some grief go for it, getting fired usually only helps your case. He is not doing anything close to sexual harrassment but he's known to have a dislike of a certain race and blatantly...
Quote: Originally Posted by Alter If he is high up and pleasing his bosses then, yea, you are fucked. Personally, I would try to change departments. Does your company have a career development process? Perhaps you could speak to someone in HR and ask about options to move up the corporate ladder by transferring to another department. You could mention that one of the reasons is that you feel your motivation is down due to "management problems" without...
Quote: Originally Posted by teddieriley Then you apparently don't know what a fad is. Fad, in-fashion, whatever. the ticket pocket is definitely overused. I also dislike this whole shoulder tabs thing that are popping up on almost every coat out there.
Quote: Originally Posted by David Reeves It's been around for 200 years. Are you Highlander? Just because it's been around for 200 years doesn't mean it can't be a fad. Not that I don't like the look, what makes it cool is that not ever jacket has one but now almost every jacket does. Just like this ridiculous narrowing of the width of the lapel to 1 inch. It looks ridiculous.
Quote: Originally Posted by globetrotter ok, first issue is that yeah, you are pretty much fucked. if you are in corporate america, a publicly traded corporation, it is basically about how much money your boss makes for the corporation and how happy he makes his boss and his bosses boss. I am pretty tough on my reports. one of them once tried to get me fired. he prepared a large file with copies of all the emails that I had written him that he...