or Connect

Posts by HitMan009

Quote: Originally Posted by why This point shouldn't even have to be discussed. Anyone who's regularly used a well-made knife knows the difference between a $15 knife and a $100 knife. It's not a matter of price that affects the cutting quality, it's the actual edge of the knife that's the difference. Better knives need less sharpening and cut much smoother and easier. Chop a couple mirepoix with each and the difference is obvious even to outside...
I would say that after a certain price point and/or level of quality of the knife, the issue become a moot point. I been using a Dexter Russell chinese cleaver for as long as I can remember. I use it for almost all my cutting and chopping needs. Recently I purchased some fantastic natural waterstones on ebay and have made this knife razor sharp. You can find the stainless steel version for about $30 bucks. I also been using a cheap chef's knife that probably cost less...
Hey everyone, I am commissioning an overcoat soon. While I have a good idea what I want in regards to the overcoat, I am also having a removable vest lining made for it as well. I would like some ideas on the design of the vest along with options on how to attach the vest to the overcoat. I think it would be interesting if the vest could be worn by itself as well. Please provide me some great opinons. Thanks everyone!
Quote: Originally Posted by JLibourel "Developed traps," eh? Those jackets make the guy look like a damn pear! No jacket should make a guy look like a pear, least of all a physique man! I just saw Schwarzenegger in a suit on the Jay Leno show last night. He sure didn't look like a pear! Exactly, shoulder padding will do the guy a lot of justice along with a slighter higher collar for the guy along with a bit more supression at the waist,...
Quote: Originally Posted by mafoofan I agree with Greg: there's nothing wrong with shoulders that are less square and the shoulder line here looks pretty good to me. However, I would go with a slightly longer length, open the quarters, and, of course, fix the divets. Sir, I think your idea of balance is off. The guy is 5'4" with a 16" neck. A higher shoulder and higher collar(because his neck is pretty long relative to the his body) would...
Quote: Originally Posted by max power Thanks all for the helpful feedback! To answer a few questions, I am a towering 5'4", longer in the torso than legs, usually take a 38s jacket and size 30 trousers, and have a 16" neck. You all say that I have low shoulders, but I like to think of it as developed traps, natch. I already asked Patrick to open up the quarters on my next jacket. I also am inclined to add at least 1/4" to the length, since that was...
My two cents: The suit has a downward look to it. The shoulders are too sloped which throws off the balance of the suit. I recommend a bit of padding but in a very slight pagoda style with maybe a bit of roping or maybe not. I would open up the quarters for many reasons but the button stance I think requires an open quarter. I think the flaring of the skirt also makes your shoulder appear small. It should be narrowed down. I think the closed quarters make the suit...
What would be the minimal amount of fabric I need for for a knee length overcoat?
The toe is SO BIG. Wingtips, medallion, double monk, pebble grain...... that's too much.
Quote: Originally Posted by Despos CMT=Chief Master Tailor Making a garment from your cloth is CTM. Cut, trim and make. Thanks for the correction, sorry about the typo!