or Connect

Posts by HitMan009

If you have knives made with a very hard metal, using a steel is pointless because it is very unlikely that the metal at the blade would have curled like on an average german knife which is made of softer metal. Getting a ceramic rod is better but that will take a bit of metal off the blade and cause larger micro serations. If you were a knife freak, getting a glass rod would an ideal solution. Here is my take. If you use waterstones, using a ceramic steel or any...
It needs a better transit system.
There is a fantastic post on egullet on knife sharpening.
Charles, How much does Chipp charge these days for CMT?
First off, silk is way more expensive then bemberg. Bemberg is is a synthetic cloth made from a part of the cotton plant if I recall so it's natural in some sense. Bemberg is lighter and stronger then silk which makes no sense to me because I always learned that silk is the strongest natural fiber known to man but I think that is the silk of a spider, not of the silkworm. Berberg I believe is the better material for lining because, it's stronger, lighter and cheaper...
I thought the belly was the edge of the lapel and whether it curves a little or whether it is a straight line.
Quote: Originally Posted by why This point shouldn't even have to be discussed. Anyone who's regularly used a well-made knife knows the difference between a $15 knife and a $100 knife. It's not a matter of price that affects the cutting quality, it's the actual edge of the knife that's the difference. Better knives need less sharpening and cut much smoother and easier. Chop a couple mirepoix with each and the difference is obvious even to outside...
I would say that after a certain price point and/or level of quality of the knife, the issue become a moot point. I been using a Dexter Russell chinese cleaver for as long as I can remember. I use it for almost all my cutting and chopping needs. Recently I purchased some fantastic natural waterstones on ebay and have made this knife razor sharp. You can find the stainless steel version for about $30 bucks. I also been using a cheap chef's knife that probably cost less...
Hey everyone, I am commissioning an overcoat soon. While I have a good idea what I want in regards to the overcoat, I am also having a removable vest lining made for it as well. I would like some ideas on the design of the vest along with options on how to attach the vest to the overcoat. I think it would be interesting if the vest could be worn by itself as well. Please provide me some great opinons. Thanks everyone!
Quote: Originally Posted by JLibourel "Developed traps," eh? Those jackets make the guy look like a damn pear! No jacket should make a guy look like a pear, least of all a physique man! I just saw Schwarzenegger in a suit on the Jay Leno show last night. He sure didn't look like a pear! Exactly, shoulder padding will do the guy a lot of justice along with a slighter higher collar for the guy along with a bit more supression at the waist,...