or Connect

Posts by HitMan009

Hi, I noticed an interesting shoe at Tommy.com http://usa.tommy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/en/thb2cus/7827728?Color=ANTIQUE%20INDIGO Made with Vachetta Leather, seems like an interesting style. Would anyone have first hand knowledge of this boot and whether it's goodyear welted, what the soles look like, the lining, etc
For anyone that order from their March tour, did anyone not receive their order? I haven't received mines yet. I emailed them a few days ago and they haven't responded yet.
How does Venetian shoe work on calf leather, I am thinking of buying a tin and storing in a used shoe cream glass at work. I know how it's recommend for cordovan but how it is compared to say normal shoe creams. TIA
Quote: Originally Posted by PhiloVance Loro Piana Women's & Men's Exquisite Cashmere Knitwear, Outerwear, Accessories and Clothing Also available: Bolts of cashmere and wool fabrics for suits, jackets and outerwear. Sunday, April 10th through Thursday, April 14th Sunday through Wednesday: 9:00am to 6:30pm Thursday: 9:00am to 5:00pm To be held at: Soiffer Haskin 317 West 33rd Street, NYC (Just west of...
I see nothing wrong with sole guards. Any resoling that is not from the original manufacturer will most of the time feel different. I rather just replace the sole guards then to resole the shoes. I think it's better that way. I had shoes done by Mina's on Wall Street. He uses a Vibram sole guards similar to the look of Topys and not the wedge shaped threads of other Vibram sole guards shown on this forum before. For anyone who uses B. Nelson, I rather use Mina's...
How are the prices now compared to other traveling HK Tailors?
Quote: Originally Posted by mintyfresh Boogers are usual decorations along the walls above the urinals at work. WTF? Do you work in the same building I work in?
For the average home chef, learning how to sharpen a knife is more important then getting a high end knife. I rather have people buy say a Dexter Russell or a Forshner then a Shun any day of the week. These inexpensive knives are the knives most restaurants use and work great. I really can't imagine the average home chef maintaining a japanese knife with it's super hard alloy. I think most people need to know that super hard metal knives need to be resharpen. Where as...
How would I go about ordering the 256 in green and adding the handgrip. I tried to use the promo code as well and didn't work. Please let me know. Thanks!
Quote: Originally Posted by hackensaw I've just been quoted $1,984 USD for a bespoke suit from W.W. Chan made out of Zegna Trofeo fabric (in a plain gray color). Has anybody else purchased a suit with this fabric recently from one of the top HK tailors and paid this amount? I was expecting it to cost around $1,500 USD??? A follow-up question: Is it worth paying for the Zegna Trofeo fabric or are there other fabrics just as nice at a lower...