or Connect

Posts by mgm9128

A very satisfying mango
A variety of basil called African Blue.
Thanks. It's the tenderloin, coated in a cream I made from the stems of the morels and some cracked pepper. There is also a piece of thigh to the right I cooked sous vide, de-boned and pressed to obtain a uniform size/shape, then seared and glazed in chicken jus.
Chicken/morels
I suppose it depends on the quality/size of the mushroom. I generally find additional liquid helpful, but it can be done either way/as needed.
I wash them in a bowl of water. It's helpful to agitate them with your hands to remove any bits of sand/dirt/worm that may be lodged inside. Usually takes about 3 or 4 changes before the water runs clear. You can dry them on towels or in a salad spinner.
Depends what you're in the mood for. They are great with risotto, eggs, pasta, etc. Or you could prepare them with chicken, which is pretty classic. If you have a bottle of vin jaune hanging around, or even some good dry sherry or Madeira, that will work in your favor. I normally start them in butter (after washing 3 or 4 times) with minced shallot, let them sweat, then add a ladle of chicken stock or water and slowly braise for 15 minutes, or until tender. At that point...
The hills are alive with the sound of music..
400g potato/125g flour/1 egg/nutmeg/salt and to half I added blanched and chopped ramp leaves. They are glazed in morel cooking juice/chicken stock/butter and a ramp pesto.