or Connect

Posts by mgm9128

Yes, the quail flew to me from there.
Barbajuan Dough 1 1/2 cups 00 flour 2 1/2 tablespoon olive oil 1/2 teaspoon salt Water, as needed In the bowl of an electric mixer with a dough hook, combine flour, salt, and olive oil on low speed gradually adding water (~1/4 cup) until dough starts to form. Increase speed to medium and continue kneading for 5 minutes. Store in plastic wrap and rest 30 minutes in fridge.
They are actually best fried from frozen. The dough comes out much crispier. Important to season each individually with fleur de sel after they are out of the oil, since the dough doesn't really absorb anything and won't have any residual oil to absorb the salt, so you can't just sprinkle salt on them as you would french fries.
What went wrong? The dough is fairly easy to make in a stand mixer, and is actually the best way I found to make it, after trying three different variations (two by hand). I just used butternut for the filling, which I cube about 1/4", coat in olive oil and salt and dry slowly in a 300 degree oven for about 3 hours. It's also important to season the filling well with fleur de sel.
Sure thing, bra.
Matt's Instagram username could be thegreyartichoke.