or Connect

Posts by Valence

Is this really a particularly relevant argument to be had? There seems to be an undercurrent of racism combined with a range of attempts to frame completely irrelevant points of dress in the context of politics, which really makes very little sense. To echo several other posters previously, I think it's absurd that the president has to even pander to the 'populist' notions in his choice of car, clothing and so forth. Having a superbly competent and intelligent...
I've worked with a trainer post-injury for sport specific stuff and stabilization things. It was incredibly helpful -- all sorts of things I could have never come up with on my own. This was with a trainer however who had a highly specialized background (track and field national youth coaching), to address some very specific issues that I had. I think trainers may also function, provided that they are competent, to really help individuals past plateaus, or refine...
I'm trying to gain muscular strength, primarily in my upper body. I'm 18, 6'5" 190 lbs, but very skinny, with under 10% bf. My issues with gaining are two-fold. First, I'm a varsity fencer, so I practice 5 days a week, 2-3 hours a day, plus competitions every weekend. I have scheduled lifts 2-3 days a week, and I do pylometrics and sprints 1-2 days a week, but they are fairly light, and more geared towards maintaining strength than actually making increases. My second...
I've pretty much standardized my diet for brekkers: grapenuts with cinnamon and skim milk granola with skim milk and frozenish raspberries a banana omlette - a little ham with 1/2 whole eggs 1/2 egg whites some sort of potato product occasionally, à la hashbrowns three or four cups of coffee water bagel lunch: salad, generally with spinach, with balsamic vinegar on top celery with peanut butter chicken, or whatever they happen to have bell peppers,...
If you have a decent room acoustically, magnepan 1.6s with a good separate pre-amp/amp combo will sound better than anything else at that price point. You might lose a little bit on the low end however, and it is difficult to match a sub to planar speakers. Def tech is really a poor choice, especially if music is your primary objective. What's your budget? Finally, surround is horribly overrated if you care about audio quality. A good 2.0 or 2.1 system will provide...
Are the cords cut in the same way as the wool trousers? I'm debating if I should buy a pair, but I wanted to see what the fit would be prior to doing so. Also, is there any hope of stocking a chocolate colored cord or at least a darker brown?
I have a pair of boat shoes on order from them -- I ordered in august I believe, and it's scheduled to ship in November. I sent an email and was told I'd get free shipping... but I don't know what's going to happen. Similarly, I have a BBBF polo that appears to be lost in cyberspace.
The majority of the good fencing salles are in California and New York. There are a handful in NJ, Oregon, and the midwest, but the vast majority are on the coasts. Also, i would feel that contrary to popular belief, starting with foil is a bad idea if you plan to switch. Foil habits are not good habits for either saber or epee. Start with the weapon you actually want to fence.
I am 6'5", 33 waist 44 chest and I find brooks brothers black fleece polos to be a surprisingly good fit. not quite sure if this is what OP is going for though... and you are neither slim nor wide, really, in the scheme of things.
I am afraid of insects on my skin to the degree that I become a gibbering mess if I become aware of one on me and thrash uncontrollably trying to get it off. When swimming, afraid of fish that are bigger than a couple inches long. I nearly passed out when I ran into a five foot barracuda snorkeling. I have great difficulty sleeping without a fan to provide white noise. I can't stand having sticky hands and will go nuts if there is anything remotely sticky on...