or Connect

Posts by ConcreteFiction

I would have snagged this if it is a L or maybe M. Shop Coat in Natural Linen for all you smalls out there on the Site That Cannot Be Spoken: http://www.g@@@@@d.com/listings/109069-engineered-garments-linen-handkerchief-coat
Those pics do it justice. I have the shop coat in tan high count twill and I love it. I'm tempted to pick up another in natural linen or black C/L.
I was in Aarhus two years ago and Stoy Munkholm carried EG. It doesn't show up on their website, but I don't ever remember seeing it on there, so if you are in town visit.http://www.stoy-munkholm.com/
I have handled and tried on several pairs of Frye years ago, but the quality didn't seem as good as the Red Wings I have, so between those two, I would say Red Wing.I don't have any experience with Solovair, but they look decent and I would guess similar quality to Red Wing, although the monkey boot is a very different style from the Moc style of the RW and Fryes.So I would go with the RW or Solovair, depending on the style you want. FWIW, I own several pairs of Red Wings...
As someone with no experience with EG shorts, but has been going back-and-forth between the two this season, this was very helpful. Thanks!
I tried it on again yesterday and I'm definitely leaning toward keeping it. Great length, versatile color, wears well whether with jeans & t-shirt, or layering (like with the Dayton).Nice - I'm sure you'll love it. I think the black cotton/linen one looks great too, but I like the more substantial look, but still lightweight feel of the HCT.
I just received the Shop Coat in Khaki High Count Twill and Dayton in Navy Cotton Linen. Both are fantastic and I highly recommend any iteration of either piece. The shops I could find stocking both items were running low or out of both the Dayton and Shop Coat, so I ordered both thinking I would only keep one. If anyone wants a shot at the Shop Coat - Size Medium - before I send it back to Nepenthes next week, let me know. I think they were almost out (if this was not...
Hmmm. After looking at what I could find among U.S. stockist measurements (all the natural color linen/cotton), I can see what you are saying. Thanks for the input. In Medium, I found the following:Independence has it at 20.75" pit to pit; 18.5" shoulderGentry has it at 21"/ 18"Forward has 21" / 18"I was thinking it seemed large because originally I was looking at the High Count Twill Khaki from Loftman, where it is listed at 56.5cm/48cm (~22.25"/18.9")
Can anyone with the Shop Coat comment on fit? Looking at measurements online, it seems it might fit fairly large. I'm M-L in EG shirting, but usually most comfortable in medium, but a often a Large in jackets like Bedford, Brookline, and Andover. I'm wondering what would work best - not sure I'm looking for super layering abilities or a definite oversized fit.
A couple pieces I'm not dying to get rid of, but because I wear them with less frequency than some of my others, would be open to trade. Just putting them out there to see what comes back. I'm mainly interested in EG outerwear, size L (though possibly an M here and there), but the right blazers (L) and/or shirting (M/L) and trousers (32-34) could convince me. I'll post some actual pics later and am happy to send more pictures and measurements to interested parties. FW11...