or Connect

Posts by Church's Goer

Suits are holding up. Will have to get some pics taken once the wife is back in town. The suits look great when standing or walking around. I think the pants are a bit billowy compared to other suits I have - just not tapered enough for my liking. The jacket fits and looks great, but because of my build the armholes aren't very high and thus don't allow for a lot of mobility. For instance, there are times when I'm in meetings or at dinner and if I leave my jacket on,...
I've seen the tan duffel (in its various sizes) make the following film/tv appearances: - Drive - large duffel - Old School - medium duffel - Battlestar Galactica - small duffel. I don't care if you call me lame, or tell me I need vindication for my choices in life; I like spotting my duffel on tv.
Got a small duffle (tan) a while ago. Really like it and it's great for booting about town, travelling as well as carrying my gym gear etc. I often take it with me to work (full suit) and although it looks much better than my $30 nylon Puma bag, it still doesn't quite go. Perhaps the bag isn't full enough and so looks like I'm carrying around a wrinkled old granny with her clothes off, but part of me is thinking of shelving it for these purposes and going for something...
Guess it depends on what is considered fashion forward. I'm pretty conservative in my dress. I had him go with both hacked pockets and a ticket pocket. My goal was to get a couple of durable suits that can be worn year round in Toronto's climate. His tailor made the measurements and they were very receptive to my input and provided me with many options. Hope this helps.
I recently went through this process. I scoured the forums here and went to numerous different tailors. I'm a bigger guy with a 12 inch drop (difference between your chest and waist dimension). There are no RTW houses that will fit me since my arms barely fit into normal jackets). I have bought Coppley MTM from HR and a couple of MTMs from the HK outfit, Raja. This time around, I went to Fifth on King, Trend and Walter Beauchamp. I can echo the sentiments about Fifth...
I've always found taking a week off of OP and doing some heavier than normal arnold presses helps me get past a rut. Done right, you use a tonne of muscle groups during the standing OP, so focusing on using as much of your core and keeping your shoulder blades nice and tight may help. Worse comes to worse, do deep dips with weights strapped to you and as those numbers go up (both reps and weight), so should your ability to get out of the first part of your OP.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rambo To the first part - just give up on RTW. You'll spend more on alterations than will be worthwhile. I have almost exactly the same specs (slightly larger drop) and its not even worth the time any more. To the second, that's not true. The seated calf raise has been shown to be the most effective movement at building calf strength and muscle. How holding a dumbbell by your side and raising your ankle up and down is a...
Any of you guys able to chime in on this? Looking for some advice regarding what suit designers/brands are more forgiving for muscular guys. Trying to find a go-to RTW brand to keep an eye on for sales. So far I haven't had much luck. http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=254820 Oh, and doing calf raises while holding weight (stand on a block of wood) is a much better way of doing calfs - turns it into a bit more of a compound movement - can even do a superset...
I've owned 2 shirts for nearly 10 years, and a couple of more items for slightly less time. The first two are still my favourite workout shirts. The wife has tonnes of clothing from them - extremely comfortable and resilient. Great fit (I hate clingy clothes) and each has proven resilient to hundreds of washings by now. Lulu offers tonnes of plain styles for those of us more conservative in their gym garb too. Just tell the SA what you want and they will accommodate.
I confronted a similar issue when I went to Bschool. Ended up buying a Macbook but ended up giving it to my wife and buying an x300 (predecessor to x1 I believe). The Mac version of Excel would not allow me to do simple statistical analyses like regressions because of the coding - was pretty frustrated at the time. I ended up getting a new computer but other guys with Macs got around it by using bootcamp. I would email the guys who run the IT department at your...