or Connect

Posts by Shawl Lapel

If you don't want an overcoat, get a pea coat. You could also look into a field jacket or chore coat if you want something a little more casual.
Maybe if you're not trying to patina your shoes, cognac is just fine. I think all shoes will take on some color with age, though probably some less than others. I'm quite happy with my cognac shells and how they take on a root-beer to caramel color based on the light. I guess they suck just fine for me.
x2I think a tie and sweater is a good subtle combination that would work better than a blazer if you're looking to step it up a little but not too much compared to the higher-ups.
Are Mezlan/Magnanni blake welted? Could account for the sleekness.
You know what's prone to spotting when it gets wet? Every leather shoe. Lighter shoes probably show it better though than darker ones. There's nothing wrong with cognac, but it's one of those colors that each maker characterizes differently, especially in shell. Walnut has gained a lot of popularity in the last few years but IMO that's too light to wear with most suits. I think cognac falls into a range of brown that's dark enough to be on the conservative side when...
That jacket looks like casual outerwear to me. If you're wanting to wear a tie I'd stick with a more traditional navy sportcoat/blazer.
I haven't purchased since the new website went up, but call your bank and try to make the transaction with them on the phone. If it doesn't go through they can open up whatever restriction is on the account and you should be fine going forward.
I'm all for Carmina and beyond, I've moved on from AE, but I wouldn't call Carminas entry level shoes. They were competitively priced with AE msrp until the price change, and they're still competitive overall imo but without free shipping and returns, it's much more of a gamble to foray into other brands compared to AE.AE sale means a budget of $175-200 and you're looking at $450+ for Carmina and $700ish for Vass. Not really in the same category regardless of how much...
My rain-lasted boots fit better than my rain shell wingtips, but I'm not sure if that's because the shell stretches less during lasting making the shoes a hair bigger overall. The higher boot lacing also helps keep my heel in place. I don't have a same-material shoe and boot to compare but I wouldn't change sizes between a shoe or boot on the same last.
Blue and brown - needed some staples. Looking forward to getting these