or Connect

Posts by Master-Classter

Testing out Byredo 1996... well I'll say it's not my style but I will still try and give it a fair review. Basically I smell a powdery candy sweet iris and violet scent. There's a bit of warm sued-y leather in here too. Now the official note list also includes things like pepper and juniper (a favorite of mine) but I don't get those. What I will say is this is somewhere along the lines of a warmer Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur, mixed with elements of Dior Homme and lastly some...
I still remember where I was when I saw the first tcwalter fitpic. Bambi's mother, on the other hand, long forgotten...
CEO at the BBQ, repeat after me - "This is my Filson, there are many like it but this one is mine. "
I've got a 50ml decant of Prelude for sale, just sayin... OK, so today I'm back to wearing scents and in the Xmas spirit, it's Serge Lutens Borneo 1834. Somewhat heavy pathouli with a strong chocolate accord and maybe some spices I can't put my finger on. Pretty nice, maybe a bit heavy. In theory, it was made by Sheldrake, who also did Coromandel which I own (200ml baby), but I think they're different enough to warrant owning both.
aw man, sorry to hear it. Hope you get healed up soon. people don't believe me when I tell this place is more than just an online chit-chat about fashion.
hey Slack Tide, how come you don't post in WAYWT anymore?
I totally hate people just like me who pop in asking to be spoon fed but I'm trying to get a lay of the land with single malts and would like to do the same with bourbon. Like with scotch I have a Mac 12 for sherry and then Ardbeg10 for smoke and Lag16 for smoke and salt and HP12 as a middle blend, etc. And plan on getting some Aushentochen, or Belvenie, etc. So basically a rough lay of the land so to speak. For bourbon - Is there some sort of tasting chart or groupings?...
just picked up the oxblood westpoints and super happy with them. Not the best deal since I get hit with local 13% tax but for around $125-150 they're fair bang for buck (at $200 pass). Now, just need them in navy, black, and tan...
I know it may seem blasphemy, but I've been scentless for about a week now, plus also quit the perfume job about 6 months ago and I have seen my sense of smell really IMPROVE becuase it's not overloaded. I'm not saying that wearing one scent will overdo it, considering I was smelling 50-100 a day at least and on my days off testing 6-8 at a time but I find that taking a break for 1-2 days really lets my nose recover and have a much sharper sense of smell when I come back...
you guys ever buy a cheap version of a piece to sort of test out if you like the idea before committing to it? like I'm pretty sure an MA-1 will fit into my wardrobe but not ready to drop $$$ either on say the Lad Musician version or a leather one (ToJ?) so for now just getting a $50 H&M version for a season and if it gets used a lot I'll upgrade and toss. or for example, a lot of people are doing tapered sweats now but it's not something I've ever done, so instead of...