or Connect

Posts by Master-Classter

So finally cracked open a few much anticipated bottles last night. First, Bookers. Wow wow wee wow were you guys ever right about this. Now this is bourbon! I took it neat with small sips. Got an immediate whole mouth hot caramel swirl. My mouth just lit up with warmth. Smooth to drink and besides a little tongue numbing, no sharp kick after swallowing. It was just a taste before heading out but I'm really happy this one's in the collection and looking forward to drinking...
So if I'm not mistaken, Grouse makes up a fair portion of Walker. With that in mind, I've tried Famous Grouse and found it meh, not particularly bad, but nothing overly interesting either. Then there's Black Grouse, which I guess is their darker richer older version. I recently picked up a limited edition bottle called Black Grouse Alpha, on sale locally for $35 at which price I figured it was worth a shot. I found is surprisingly and easy drinker. Now I can't compare it...
yeah those are pretty much my two sources as well. There's a huge YouTube community and blog list but honestly most of my time is at Basenotes. I find Basenotes a little snooty and stuffy and the mods are too active, but overall the opinions are more informed and reviews are generally more academic. There is quite a bit of bias towards niche though, so IMO Fragrantica adds more female and mainstream scent options to the mix. yesterday's scent was Boucheron's Jaipur...
bump for a good thread
first one of the summer. damn it feels good. and yes, I've already got some Hendricks and will be buying some Fevertree soon enough...
Yeah I had that Belvenie 21 Port a couple of times. Great nose, pretty good taste. It's a little pricey for me at my stage so a pass in that sense, and also maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree here, but I see there's a lot of great Scotch at the $60-80 range and some interesting stuff around the $100-120 range, but after that $150+ sort of point, it's more about unusual bottlings, or rare things, etc and often diminishing returns. Sure there's some amazing stuff, but I...
enjoy the Lavender Palm Jman! (btw I just got about 600ml of it... so if anyone wants a 50ml decant let me know). SOTD is an oldie but goodie... Dali Pour Homme. This stuff is really something strange and special. It's a dry dense tobacco scent with a lot of spices. Sort of like Serge Noir or Chergui with thunderclouds and dirt. It's dirty, dank, and rich. Reminds me of a dark cellar with old barrels and cigars etc. It's truly gothic and not in a dandy sort of way. This...
I've got about 5 samples from the line I'm working through. Did the vetiver which was good, but I'll need to retest before final verdict. I suspect it'll be like the amber, very good and well rounded but a little boring. The Oud I have actually tried and did comment on a few days ago. Excellent. Took a whole day to open up and it was so smooth and covered all the angles. Really excellent. Pricey though, but IMO well worth trying for a very wearable take on the note.
Mona Di Orio Amber. I feel like there's a hint of something dirty in here like an oud. If I had $$$ I'd buy most of this line, but since I don't, I'll say this amber is very nice, but nothing unsual. Well build, smoothly blended, multifaceted, and yet, perhaps a bit too boring for it's own good.
I'm rockin' the old Kilian Taste of Heaven today. Seeing as how I have about 250ml of it . I'm hosting a split by the way so if any of you guys like this stuff let me know.