or Connect

Posts by Master-Classter

I thought the QC and 10 were roughly the same price? That seems like a weird discrepancy. Lag 16's solid too and if you're used to Laphroaig, it might be a nice change. It's smokey but in a different kind of way. And for the price, getting a 16 year bottle is nice. Your call, the Oogie is solid too. I mean Laphroai, Lagavulin, and Ardbeg, all solid drinkers. Can't go wrong with any of them.
^ good to know, thanks. I'm eyeing both of these and ideally would like to get in at 50 and 75 (Nike and Lauder respectively) but also don't want to miss by aiming for rock bottom. I did it with LULU for example. Bought at 55, flipped at 58 and was waiting for it to come down again then suddenly it shot up to 70. So I may just take my bit a bit higher than I wanted. I'm ok with being down 5-10%, for a chance to be up 20-30% later. And both of these guys have been around a...
I believe the QC is only a 8 year maybe 6. I find it's got all the smoke but it's a bit 'hollow', like no complexity there. If you want that smokey punch then it's good for that. Not a knock, and I'm not an ageist, but just pointing out that the 10 is probably a bit more rounded out. I've picked up several of their duty free ones for about $70-80 and they're basically the QC plus something. The PX (sherry) was...
So besides waiting for NKE to drop to 50 or below, another company in an industry I haven't really touched but I think has been beaten down for a while is Estee Lauder (EL). I briefly held them a couple of years back but did a quick flip and they kept going up and up. From about 75 all the way to 95 and in the past year are back down to 78 or so. I'm going to buy around 75/76 and double down closer to 70 if it gets there. I'm trying to buy longer term holds like 2-3 year...
Next up, some shoes.... gotta move these, make me offers guys. The postings are from eBay so ignore some of the rhetoric~ Brand New In Box:: National Standard Beige Suede Sable Lowtops ~ Edition 02 ED02 ~ Size 40 ~ Asking price around $120-130 [[SPOILER]] ~ Beautiful! PAUL SMITH Men's Dip Dye Leather Brown Wingtip ~ UK 7 US 8 E 41 ~ Asking price around $130-150 [[SPOILER]] ~ Beautiful! ANTONIO MAURIZI Brown Suede Leather Penny Loafer UK 8.5 US 9 E 42 ~ Asking price around...
Looks like a nice jacket. I prefer it without the belt. It's not as fitted as people 'round here wear theirs but I wouldn't say it's 'too big'. Throw on a sweater occasionally and it's fine. And for the brand and price and color + suede, looks like a good pickup to me. That's my 2 cents.
Looks nice!
I've been waiting to pick up NKE (Nike) under 50. Saw there was a 5% price straddle for the report today so was hoping it might have been a disappointing earnings and I'd grab some. Been on a long decline but at this price I still think it's a solid company and worth it. Been hovering around that 50-52 for a while. It shot up to 54 post market so looks like it went up. I read they beat expectations on top and bottom lines. I'll keep waiting on this one.
Smell the EdT, Intense, and Parfum first. They all smell pretty different, like a 30-40% difference in terms of smell between them. Regular is soft and powdery and talc/wax, intense is more chocolaty and warm, and parfum is dense and leathery.Never had any longevity issues with any of them, they're solid performers for me.Lomani?SOTD is Lalique. I think it's 'White'. The ram head picture. Actually quite a pleasant easy to wear warm powdery scent. Sort of like a classic...
Venneri - I'll just point out that button up shirts aren't all strictly business as we know. The issue with the fit was that it was a work/dress shirt, which yes, should probably be tucked in. More casual shirts often don't have the scalloped hem or play around with fabric, shape (oversized for example), collar style, etc so they make more sense to be worn out. The issue with the fit was you took a work shirt then tried to downgrade it to casual streetwear by adding a...