or Connect

Posts by Master-Classter

Testing out more samples here... Tom Ford Ombre Leather 16 - well I mean basically it's Tuscan Leather, with a couple of changes. TL is a bit too sharp and there's not much development, like 2-3 moves and that's it. Ombre is softer, rounder, and adds a few extra layers. Doesn't last as long though. If you don't already have TL or find it too dry and harsh, then Ombre is better in that regard. If you already own TL, unless you get rid of it and replace it with Ombre, I...
Bought some AAPL at 106.5 and sold it at 108.5. Unfortunately also bought a lot at 108.5 and was hoping to sell it at 111 if the selloff subsided and it got back to the opening price, which it didn't. Bought a decent amount of TSLA at 182, sold them at 187. Still have core positions in all of these but buying and selling 30% more or less of the value as the stock fluctuates. Can't daytrade without volatility and boy are we getting some of that. Also added a few SWHC and...
wow, been a busy morning. Did about 30 trades so far... Sold off my airlines (AAL, LUV, DAL) premarket since they were down 1-2 % and thought they might drop more. Now they're up 1-2%. Oh well, still made a little profit and time to move on. Bought a bunch of FSLR... still at a large loss on this one but hoping it'll come up with time. Bought and sold LULU between 55-57 and will keep repeating that window as long as I can. Bought and sold SWHC between 24.5-25 and 26-27 a...
We'll Im only undergrad, so Im doing my bests' hereAh, well that explains a few things
Testing out a few samples today... my impressions based on a few sniffs... Masque – Tango – complex layered amber scent. Somewhere between MDCI Ambre Topkapi, Parfum D’Empire Ambre Russe, and Lutens MKK. Dirty powdery florals, dry spices, and core of amber. 6-7 moves. Complex, good ingredients, well made, but nothing much new for my collection. Still, very much worth smelling if you're into cuminy florals and amber. Has a bit of an old world type of feel, like MDCI's. I...
yeah so like many 'accords', there are many different versions of what the note can be. Depending on the source material, how it's processed, what other notes it's worked with, etc... In the same way as a big accord, almost a category really, like Oud, or Vetiver, etc can have many many facets that a perfumer or producer can emphasize to create a certain style, even down to a single note I've seen the same thing. Vetiver for example is usually just listed as a single note...
Gotta keep the teachers higher up on the ladder happy too right? otherwise they might complain about the crappy pay, oh wait. So is that why MA's go do PhD's? But then what do the PhD's do? Teach corporate people?
I've started trimming some of my airline stocks and if they'll go just another 4-5% up from here I'm going to sell them completely. Currently holding AAL, LUV, and DAL. Accounts for about 5-6% of my portfolio. I'll be happy to be out of this industry and take at least a 10-15% return, maybe closer to 15-20% (I'm not exactly sure) and move the money elsewhere. Speaking of elsewhere, I've earmarked the above money to pick up 1/4 each of SBUX, NKE and 2/4 of BX. Two oldies...
Yeah I quite like that one too actually. I think I've got a nice little decant of it tucked away somewhere. I often just wear Italian Cypress instead becuase it's a bit sweeter and smoother.
Regarding REITS, so BKD which dropped 15-20% the other day from mid 14's and bottomed out briefly at 11... I trippled down around 11-11.5 and today sold off a third of that, (which I bought at 11) at 12.5 and am basically at breakeven. Have reset that portion to rebuy if it goes under 12 again. Seems like there's often about a 30% over-reaction on the swings. CLDT also recovered a bit today so I trimmed off a bit and will rebuy again at 17 or under. Regarding airlines...