or Connect

Posts by Master-Classter

technically, the chance from R to S should only be about the length, but I would think that there's some 'scaling' so even if the waist is the same measurement, it's going to sit higher or lower on the body. That's my hunch
Was at the DF airport in Zurich and picked up a bottle of JW Green label. Not generally much of a JW fan but figured I'd give this a shot since it seems different from their usual offering and has a lot of positive reviews. Will post details when I've opened it. 1 liter bottle for $65 CAD ($50 USD) so not bad I think.
Went through duty free and sniffed the usual stuff. Put on some liberal sprays of Chanel Egoiste and on the next flight a combo of Hermes Eau and Concentree D'Orange Verte
Good points thanks. I tend to think more about upside than downside and forget that things like cash and bonds tend to anchor/keel the portfolio and stabilize gains/losses. I think I’ve just been fairly lucky with the various classes like REITS or whatever so was thinking why not park cash into them but yes of course they do swing up and down all the time.Thanks, and makes sense. I keep not looking at cash as an asset class and rather some state of static money that’s just...
I've been into off the cuff a few times over the years too. Eh it's a mixed bag. A few decent items, mostly outerwear I find and plenty of dusty window display items. Feels small and cramped and you have to look closely at the stuff to make sure it's in decent shape in the details. Feels like Tom's Place. So my opinion is either go with low expectations during a 'sale' or only swing past if you're in the area anyway. Related note, I've recently popped into some nicer...
Would be cool if Filson made a version of all their bags with some USA based high quality slubby denim so you could see it break in and fade etc. with the brown leather that patinas, brass joints/rivets etc and shades of blue of the denim I think that would look pretty awesome.
I only tried one Glenrothes and only tried it once but also found it rather forgettable. I will admit that I don't generally like that summery light fruity (lowland?) style of Scotch so have a general bias against this type, but erm yeah, didn't find there was much to work with there. Special editions might be nicer?
it's only 2% stretch and the same cut so seems to me to be pretty much the same really. I found the stretch ones were way more comfortable when I tried them on. I believe only on indigo too, not black.
question for you guys... what do you do with spare cash? I've recently been trimming/selling off a lot as mentioned and now have a fair amount of cash sitting around. Technically it's all been 'assigned' with various buy orders but i'd rather cancel these orders and just set up alerts and put the money to work doing something in the meantime. Should I buy some REITS, or Bond funds etc? I don't want anything risky per se, but at least something better than just cash sitting...
Hadn't occurred to me to do that... I have a $130 NIKE gift card too, also available for $110. Works at the Nike store here in Toronto or any other store (online is a separate company)