or Connect

Posts by Master-Classter

straining is hard, on your back
so I sort of agree... In the case of merino, I think things have changed in the past few years and it's a decent fabric that's come down in price. I have a few ~$40-50 merino sweaters and they work fine but I do find them pretty thin, a little stiff, and they ALL develop 3-5 little holes all over the place. So better than blends and cheap cotton, but still not really great. As for the 10x$20 versus 1x$200 perspective, well, that's a personal call and I think we've all...
maybe it's something like Vicuna? Also, it says Italian Camel Hair, so if my assumptions are correct (and they usually are) then these aren't just any camels, they're Italian camels, and I mean, there can't be all that many of them. It's a Pitti becuase, like most Italians, they're quite sprezzy and they really know how to hump.
I'll say this again, and it's just my opinion, but I've learned that there are some items I will go cheap on like t-shirts, polos, heck if the cut and color is right even jeans, but when it comes to anything like a sweater or a scarf etc where it's a knitted fabric, avoid blends and avoid cheap wool and I even have a bias against cotton in general. Guys like GAP, Uniqlo, H&M, etc, some of their basics are fine, but with the knit stuff like sweaters, the quality (or lack...
^ exactly, I don't even think they're going to mess with the formulas anyway. Just more exposure, and it's still a tiny company relatively speaking. They've bought up Le Labo, Malle, and I'm sure will take on others. Look at Ford for example. Sure it's become more widely accessible and all that and some (ok most) of their newer releases sort of suck, but overall the brand is doing a lot more than if it was just within the Ford portfolio.
I decided to go a different way about that... I purchased some Lauder stock instead. For every niche buyer who's going to lament reformulation (and by the way they're all going to back backups with also will give Malle a temporary sales bump), there'll be 10 new customers who want something 'niche' and cool and hip and expensive etc. Malle will get way better distribution and if they reformulate then better margins too. As a scent enthusiast it sucks, but there's still...
all black errythang and it feels nicelynice. PS - jacket's making me look fat [[SPOILER]]
^^^Just bought this a couple of weeks ago actually. I live in Toronto so it gets pretty cold and I was looking for a new winter coat to withstand down to about -10 or -15 degrees (Celsius).Pro's:It's warm. Yes, it is, even a little too hot actually. I usually wear a sweater and add that ULD vest sometimes and this thing I just wear out to even say -5 so far with a t-shirt on and it's plenty warm, I even leave it openI love the detailing. The body is a nice dark blue, the...
@nicelynice you make me want to buy all black everything. looking good (and happy!)
working through my box and wearing a decant of Bijan for men for the first time. At first it scared me off with it's hairy chested 80's man dry aromatic spices a la Azzaro, but merely a half hour later I'm blooming out something that smells quite like the creamy green woody spices of Bois de Portugal, and PdN NY et al. It's got some powder, some dry woods , and a nice spiceyness. Still far too manly man for me I think, but my dad (and mom) will love this. If you're into...