or Connect

Posts by Master-Classter

PM sent, I still have a couple of testers and actually just got a whole LOT of new decants. Need to update the thread... (I've got 50ml labelled decants of: Tuscan Leather, Tobacco Vanille, Cafe Rose, Italian Cypress, Tobacco Oud, and Azure Lime, and the discontinued Lavender Palm!)
ah, Al Oudh, one of my favorite scents, and bottles too. today I went to the shops and tried the new 3 Ouds from Cartiers private line (Mathilde Laurent). Pretty solid offerings actually. Now they're 75ml and $300+ and I'm just not sure Cartier has that kind of cachet, plus the packaging sucks, but the juice is actually pretty solid
aw, you two are a dorkable!
wow, guys, thanks, that's some great great info on Rums/Rhums. I love the fact that there are communities like this where the people are so knowledgeable and willing to share and stuff. I'm really just starting to get interested in the alcohol category, having come from fragrance, and I don't want to get stuck in just single malts because it gets pricey with diminishing returns and there's a lot of must have unicorns out there, so also exploring rum/rhum, tequila, bourbon,...
Trend's wearing tight jeans, he's walking slowly and breaking balls
for once was trying to 'be productive' so got everything bought by 10/11am... errr. anyway, it's all ETF's so a general buy and hold strategy anyway and all this stuff will recover but still sucks to see 0.5% drop in a day. I'm just going to leave them be and come back in a few weeks if I can stop myself from peeking. incase anyone's interested, here was my breakdown more or less: (%'s represent overall portfolio). Tried to do a more or less global couch potato with a...
huh, just invested everything I had today. Bad market timing lol?
GAP (GPS), hot damn, 12-13% drop in one hit... seems like a company that'll be around for a while and every 3-4 months there's a climb and pop. Considering the range on this I'm tempted to buy some and wait it out a few months to see the recovery. I know it's based on news that isn't temporary but still, I'm sure these guys will recover in a few months and there's a 10-15% potential gain there. Thoughts? I'm sort of talking out my ass here btw.
so can anyone give me the basics on aged rums? I had always assumed that in any category, the "good" ones are always sipable straight on ice. Now I bought St. Clement single barrel (Martinique), and Appleton Estate Reserve 12 year for example, hoping each would be better than the usual stuff. And I didn't find either particularly 'enjoyable' in the same was I would sipping bourbon or scotch. Do people only mix with rum, even if it's the 'higher end' stuff? I have Havana...
Just recently finished my 10ml decant of that one myself actually. I think of it as a more or less modern take on classics like Aqua Di Parma, a somewhat streamlined simpler version. Pleasant but probably too boring for it's own good. Though I do like that sweet anise note in there, that always stood out to me. Not a bad scent, but just too inoffensive I think. Perfect as an office scent, or something for a guy you'd describe as reliable. Like so many Chanels, it's a good...