or Connect

Posts by Master-Classter

Today I tested out a newly acquired bottle of Bottega Veneta EdP, the original version and for women. I find it's a soft buttery suede/leather scent. I've tested this many times before and rather enjoy it. It's simple, but wears nicely and is enjoyable to smell. It edges over into 'female' territory but I think it's very wearable on a guy. Nothing much exciting about it but I just like the way it smells and will keep the bottle. I also think it's one of the nicest packages...
yeah probably more accurate. I've smelled worse. I mean it's wonderfully dirty but I've only worn it around the house. That being said maybe someone else will enjoy this, plus it's sort of a collectors item at this point too
Her pay raises are scheduled by time so every few months she gets a slight raise, so the income is a completely known amount. That being said I think it's still probably better to take a 5% refund now and let the principle grow for 2-3 years and it should be worth more than just a 10% return in 3 years. Thanks guys.
Working my way through various collection scents. Today it was Kingdom by McQueen. Some truly amazing clothing designs and quite a scent. It's sort of MFK Absolute Pour Le Soir / Lutens MKK's dirty smokey spicey musk and body odor with a classic waxy floral top block. Like a dirty french lady. Wonderful and rather daring, especially many years ago. That being said it's not something I think I'll wear much but it's certainly a scent worth smelling and the bottle is pretty...
wait, we can do that? I thought I was stuck here for life. Hmmm, wonder what's happening outside?
I was having a discussion with a friend giving her some financial advice about saving money and where to allocate it so these are ballpark the numbers we're talking about here. I said she should wait it out for a few years but she asked me post it to my 'forum guys and see what they said'That's the question, yes. The point is more about tucking it away now and getting a small tax return, or waiting 2-3 years and getting a bigger tax return. The income amount is right on...
Not sold on the denim but I look forward to seeing how you wear them!
Yep, TFSA already maxed out. So I understand how the marginal tax rates work, as per the example above, the first $10K versus $12K. The question I'm asking is does it make sense to claim $5K this year and get back 5% ($250) and then next I claim $5K but becuase my income is higher now I get back 10% ($500), so total is $750, plus growth I had for a year on the first $5K+$250, or to claim $10K in year two to get back 10% tax because it's a higher income amount ($1000...
general tax question for you guys... let's say I have income and the decision is whether to put it in a non-registered account or an RRSP. If I put a chunk of $5,000 now into RRSP I gain back taxes, which will be 5% incrementally on that amount, and then the money will be growing within the shelter too. So it seems like an obvious yes. However, the pay will continue to scale up with time and by next year I'll be within another tax bracket and could make a $10,000...
Looks like we're all on the same page. My first two thoughts were exactly something from MfK's line like APOM or Universalis etc and some sort of EdC like TF NP or Indelible etc.